Author Topic: Joomla login integration  (Read 6612 times)

Offline dabbish

Joomla login integration
« on: October 30, 2007, 09:10:09 AM »
NOTE: For some reason it doesn't work in FF when the form isn't hidden. If I figure out what's wrong I'll post it here. In the mean time, don't use below code please.

I wrote this thing really fast. It's basically just a hidden iframe that loads the roundcube page in it. Then when you log into joomla it logs you into roundcube aswell. It waits until the roundcube iframe is fully loaded. It then submits the joomla form. It should work for all tabbed browsers.
I was thinking of adding the roundcube user when the user registers at the joomla site. But I have yet to do this though. I just thought I'd share this in case anyone wants to use it.

File to edit: modules/mod_login.php

Find
Code: [Select]
$posttext = $params->get( 'posttext' );
Insert
?>

Find
" method="post" name="logout">
Replace
" onsubmit="javascript:submitLogout(document.logout); return false;" method="post" name="logout">
Find
?>

Insert

Find
" method="post" name="login" >
echo $pretext;
?>

Replace

" method="post" name="login" onsubmit="javascript: submitLogin(document.login); return false;" >

echo $pretext;
?>

Offline hjlopes

Re: Joomla login integration
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 07:24:28 PM »
Hi i tryied to do this but when I try to login in joomla I still need to enter username and password in RC.

If anyone was able to intregrate joomla login with RC how did you do it??

I might have done something wrong but where???

Thanks

Offline dabbish

Re: Joomla login integration
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 11:00:36 PM »
hi hjlopes,
you have to modify it a bit. it depends a bit on how you have your roundcube settings set up. regardless right now the hidden form doesn't work in Firefox so not much point in implementing it (see my notice above).
It might be a bug or security feature in FF. If anyone knows about it, please let me know.

If you still want to, let me know your login set up and I can tell you what you need to edit to make it work. I.e do you log in with username, password and server seperate or just username@domainname with password?

You might wanna check this thread out too: http://roundcubeforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=729.0

Offline kingnuss

joomla user integration
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 07:56:35 AM »
hello,
I need modification for automatic user creation and login from joomla into roundcube as described in your post here. I can pay 200€ for help in this, of course I need full compatibility with all commonly used browsers.
thanks,
Andy