Author Topic: DB Error - How do I change root user name  (Read 6613 times)

Offline seeclarencerun

DB Error - How do I change root user name
« on: July 29, 2006, 10:42:50 AM »
Hi gang! I have tried to put roundcube on my server. I am running the latest PHP and MYSQL version (as far as I am aware). I am on Site5.com for hosting.

When I install the system and set-up / configured the database as per the instructions I ran into a snag. The MySQL user roundcube to whom I am supposed to grant all priviledges on localhost will not go in. The Site5 system only allows names that star with the host URL. Ex. user: roundcube becomes greatbig_roundcube. The error I am getting is as follows:

DB Error in /home/greatbig/public_html/roundcube/program/include/rcube_db.inc (97): DB Error: connect failed

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: query() in /home/greatbig/public_html/roundcube/program/include/rcube_db.inc on line 213

I beleive this means that I need to tell your software to try to access using the greatbig_roundcube instead of the default. I have searched the code for this variable, but I am not a MySQL or even a great PHP guy I have gotten lost. I know enough to navigate and tweek but not enough for this.

Please help!

Cheers
Scott

Offline yllar

Re: DB Error - How do I change root user name
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 02:11:16 PM »
that error means your hosting server doesn't have mysql support
make php file with
Code: [Select]
<? phpInfo(); ?> in it to check ( it should show some mysql module info if it's installed)
irc://irc.freenode.net:6667/#roundcube