Author Topic: Attachment, Mail is not sent  (Read 9720 times)

Offline tom555

Attachment, Mail is not sent
« on: October 30, 2007, 10:18:42 AM »
Hi,

When i upload attachments to a new created Message, the mail could not be sent. The upload works fine, and the attachment is shown in the box on the side. When i click on the send mail button, it takes a time and the progress view above is showing activity. But after about 30 Seconds it just stops with no error Message. The upload limit of php is definitely not the problem, i can upload bigger files without no problems. It seems like sending in Background receives a tiomeout or something.

Any Ideas what could cause this ?

Thanks

Tom

Offline ckmandli

Re: Attachment, Mail is not sent
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 10:53:48 AM »
I had a similar issue and I solved it by removing a dead real-time blacklist server from my mail server. Other applications still sent mail, it just took a longer time, but roundcube would often fail at sending the message.

Offline tom555

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 05:39:59 PM »
I don't think that is a problem, i tried this with 3 different IMAP servers. None of them worked.

Offline tom555

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 05:28:41 AM »
I already changed the upload limits in .htaccess file, so it is not the problem, but i got the following error in Roundcube Error Log.

[31-Oct-2007 09:47:08] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7106944 bytes) in /var/www/html/webxxx/html/mail/program/lib/Mail/mimePart.php on line 226

But why is it not able to reserver 7MB, when 25MBs are allowed ?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 06:04:29 AM »
I think that error means it tried to allocate 7mb over the 25mb limit rather than just 7mb.

This error has been reported before both here (http://roundcubeforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1811.0) and on trac. but i havent found a solution yet. does any one have any ideas?
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline tom555

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 06:11:56 AM »
Ok, that is possible. Then it musst be a bug in the code, because my file was just 5.5 MB. It should use about 7 or max 8 Mb when protocoll and coding infos are added. But 25 Mbs are a little much.