Author Topic: RoundCube v1.1.0 & carddav v0.8.1-dev -- Errors while saving  (Read 3551 times)

Offline plumbington

RoundCube v1.1.0 & carddav v0.8.1-dev -- Errors while saving
« on: March 19, 2015, 08:23:10 AM »
I seem to be having intermittant issues with the carddav plugin mentioned above.  We've configured things to only use our server based Address Book.  It works well displaying existing contacts from the server.  However, some (most) of the time, when trying to add contacts, either in the Address Book tab, or directly from an opened mail with the small icons beside the addresses in the mail header, we get an error popup "An error occurred" with a message of either "An error occurred while saving" or "Could not save the contact address".

Where should I be looking to determine what is going on and where the problem might be?

Any thoughts as to possible issues?

CardDav server works well otherwise (i.e. from other clients)?

TIA

Offline plumbington

Re: RoundCube v1.1.0 & carddav v0.8.1-dev -- Errors while saving
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 10:27:20 PM »
From another thread...

It seems that password encryption changed with the v1.1 release, and this was the source of our issues.  In our case the CardDav Address Book was automatically configured and displays in Settings as Server Address Book (from preset myserver).   I've discovered that if I uncheck the Activate CardDAV-Addressbook field, and save, then re-check the field, this will fix the passwords, and therefore fix the Errors that we were receiving whenever we attempted to add/change items in the Address Book.