Author Topic: Testing SVN 385  (Read 4225 times)

Offline syc

Testing SVN 385
« on: November 22, 2006, 11:33:36 AM »
So, I've begun my review of RoundCube SVN 385.

Testing for bugs right now, and there is plenty from what I've seen.

Feel free to comment.

This will be updated as I find more, and I will knock ones off that I fix.

SVN Bugs
--------

E-Mail::List View
-----------------
1. Inbox count is not updated in folder list when with number of unread/new messages.
2. Search does not work. The mailbox that is being searched does not get updated after you change the folder.
3. There is no sort ability (but there is on the demo?)

E-Mail::Message View
--------------------
1. Viewing (plain text) messages, headers don't appear (who it's from, etc), only the body is shown.
2. Attachments sometimes don't show up. (PEAR mimeDecode)
3. Tested sending javascript in HTML email (blocked successfully)
4. When trying to display what was blocked, the only part that is returned to view is a single '>'.
5. When printing a message, you see the message body only.

E-Mail::Composing
-----------------
1. When changing between HTML and Plain Text editing, extra \n's are added.
2. Spellchecker does not work because SSL stream not registered (needs to be compiled statically) -OR- Nox Spellchecker Server has to be installed (python based)
3. Saving draft seems to work, but is missing a nice green 'Saved Successfully'
4. When saving a draft, it doesn't remember if it was HTML, the To, Bcc, Cc, Subject fields are all lost.
5. When saving a draft, it should then redirect you back to the listing view and show the drafts folder so you can see that it's saved. (MAYBE)
6. Clicking on the word 'HTML' for the editor type causes TinyMCE to load multiple times.
7. Clicking on 'Plain Text' multiple times seems to get rid of them.
8. Clicking on 'Plain Text' when already in that mode, deletes your message. (Re-Formatting Issue)
9. Converting from HTML to Plain Text then back to HTML loses all your formatting. (Should be stored in a different variable or something)

SOLUTION: To eliminate all of these issues, move the editor type into the personal settings area. They will be able to choose to compose messages as HTML or as plain text.

E-Mail::Saving Draft
--------------------
1. If you omit the address (who cares, it doesn't save it anyways), then it tells you that it failed to send the message. Even though you hit the 'Save Draft' option, not the 'Send'.

E-Mail::Sending
---------------
1. Failure on sending not reported to user.
2. Test #2 after first failure on same email without navigating somewhere else causes 'Logout'.
3. Re-login (without closing browser to wipe session) and trying to send again, reports no failure, no success, but mail server sees it and delivers it.
4. Test email with attachment opens successfully (plain/text, application/octet-stream)
5. Test HTML based email (no attachment) sends fine (still no status) and is recieved fine in Outlook Express.

Address Book::Adding
--------------------
1. E-Mail address regular expression sucks and needs to be changed.
2. Fields have no maxlength property set so you can enter in huge amounts of data. Field is then chopped when inserted into MySQL to the size of the field, in this case, 128 chars.
3. Entering anything with < > into the display name field will cause the data inside of those chars to magically disappear.

SOLUTION: Modify the regular expression to not allow specific chars, and make sure htmlentities() is called when displaying the data.

Reload

Re: Testing SVN 385
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 02:08:38 PM »
Looking at the number off problems you have I think there is a problem with the server and not with RC...

-----------------
1. No Problem
2. No Problem
3. No Problem

--------------------
1. No Problem
2. Not tested jet...
3. This isn't a problem ???
4. Explain youre test...
5. No Problem, email is printed with Header

-----------------
1. Confirm.
2. Did not test.
3. No Problem.
4. No Problem.
5. No, the behavior is good. Stay within the e-mail (compose view)
6. Known BUG. (Search trac)
7. See 6.
8. Confirm. Please Report at Trac
9. Confirm. Please Report at Trac

E-Mail::Saving Draft
--------------------
1. No Problem.

E-Mail::Sending
---------------
1. Please take a look at the error log.
  If RC is unable to send a e-mail it will report that on-screen.
  If the server is unable to send it will send a ndr.
2. ? ? ?
3. ? ? ?
4. ? ? ?
5. ? ? ?

Address Book::Adding
--------------------
1. Make a suggestion at the DEV e-mail list.
2. Why would you enter crap within youre own address book ???
3. Did not test

Offline jpingle

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 08:11:08 PM »
Judging by what I see, you must be using BincIMAP as your IMAP server. From a former frustrated BincIMAP user I can tell you that unfortunately, many of these issues are due to BincIMAP and not RoundCube. I wish I had better news...

I struggled with a BincIMAP server for a while and when faced with all its shortcomings I ended up converting that server to Courier. I had to modify my user administration scripts to add/change a database as well as qmail's files, but in the end it's a lot more stable/functional.

I also had a couple comments for other issues you noticed.

-----------------
2. BincIMAP issue - Though at some point this had been fixed. (BincIMAP doesn't understand UTF-8 encoding) - See http://trac.roundcube.net/trac.cgi/ticket/1483855
3. BincIMAP issue - BincIMAP does not support SORT command

--------------------
1. BincIMAP issue - BincIMAP doesn't like the new message retrieval method used recently. (See http://trac.roundcube.net/trac.cgi/ticket/1484070 )
5. Probably related to #1

-----------------
2. This is a PHP install/Server issue.
6. http://trac.roundcube.net/trac.cgi/ticket/1484158 - Should be fixed in rev 405
7. See 6

[2006/12/18 9:25am] Edited: fixed typo, meant to say BincIMAP doesn't support the SORT command. I had mistyped SEARCH instead (oops)

Offline syc

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 12:36:54 PM »
I've actually moved forward and corrected all of these issues. Most were relating to the fact it was talking to a highly customized IMAP server.

Other bugs and such that I found have been corrected as well.

I've also gone a step further and implemented FCKeditor into the compose with full multilingual support, made multiple address books with importing and exporting and sorting of fields, and added in filters for copying, moving, deleting or highlighting messages.

Building more features into it now.

Offline justcraig

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 03:22:33 AM »
Quote from: syc
I've actually moved forward and corrected all of these issues. Most were relating to the fact it was talking to a highly customized IMAP server.

Other bugs and such that I found have been corrected as well.

I've also gone a step further and implemented FCKeditor into the compose with full multilingual support, made multiple address books with importing and exporting and sorting of fields, and added in filters for copying, moving, deleting or highlighting messages.

Building more features into it now.

If i may ask how did you go about adding the editor to roundcube? I have a basic idea of what i'm doing but i wouldn't say im capable of my eyes closed, so if you don't mind could you try explaining it so that i can attempt it as well?

It would be much appreciated!