Author Topic: Gmail/Multimail support  (Read 4984 times)

Offline alb1015

Gmail/Multimail support
« on: October 31, 2007, 04:52:28 PM »
I was looking through the config files and read through the forum and found that i could add alternate email servers to my roundcube installation, Im wondering if i could have my mail server, "mail.satellitebeachside.com" and the "imap.gmail.com" and how i go about writing this into the config file. It looks fairly easy but im still not used to the functionality of roundcube. If anyone has a moment and can help me set this up, i just need to add gmail to a drop down so i may login to one or the other accounts.

Thanks so much for any help in advance! :)

Offline wmmead

Re: Gmail/Multimail support
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 08:57:40 PM »
Hi, I am looking for something similar. Is it possible to have round cube get email from multiple imap accounts? I am looking for a web based client that would work kinda like the Mail app that is part of OS X. Can Roundcube do that?

p.s. I really like the nice clean modern look and functionality of Roundcube.

Offline alb1015

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 07:12:35 AM »
Well i posted my config file in the help section and havent seen any help yet. Currently i have gmail and my webserver working, i can read the emails from gmail and from my server HOWEVER, i can not reply to either my servers or gmails emails. My other installation of roundcube works very well and i can check my servers email.... If someone could look under the help section that would be amazing, it was posted by me odviously...

someone please help me, its just an edit to thew config file i posted im sure

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 08:53:09 PM »
Okay, so your config file section would be something like:

$rc_config['default_host'] = array('imap.server.com'=>'My Server',

'mail.server.com' => 'My Server 2');

Of course, for each server you'd have to also define a specific SMTP server to use.

Now, if you're talking about a feature like Thunderbird (forgive me for not know OS X and Apple Mail) where in the left pane you have something like the following:

My Account
| + Inbox
|   + Sent
|   + Drafts
|   + Junk
|
Gmail
| +Inbox
|
Some Other IMAP account
| +Inbox
| +Drafts
| +Sent

Then no, RC doesn't have that functionality. I can't say whether it really ever will, but hey, it's been requested already ;)

Offline rmbl

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 07:58:59 AM »
That's a future I would like to have, too. Maybe a project for cold winter evenings :D
Too bad that i haven't got that much time at the moment.