Author Topic: Melanie2 Larry Mobile skin v0.4.7 / Roundcube 1.2.3  (Read 138502 times)

Offline uvbeenzaned

Re: Melanie2 Larry Mobile skin v0.4.4 / Roundcube 1.1.3
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2015, 02:42:18 PM »
Can we possibly have a template for the change password dialog? It seems as though this skin does not have one according to the error. Password changing works on every other skin though.

Offline tpayen

• Melanie2 Messaging
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2015, 04:37:20 AM »
Hello,
Have you tried with the 0.4.4 version ? It normally includes the plugin template, used by the password plugin

Offline jasonladue

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2015, 11:56:36 PM »
I purchased a mobile skin earlier tonight and I like the look of it, but it does not have the ability by itself to load on mobile. It has to be activated in settings, which then loads it in place of Larry on the desktop which sucks. I had looked for a couple hours for a responsive solution and somehow did not find yours until I searched for a plugin that would recognize mobile and load appropriately. I really like your template but I would like to have the option to use the other one as well. (I would like to show them both to my family members that will be using the webmail system and let them decide which they prefer. Is it possible to modify the plugins to load the other mobile template instead?

----edit----
I showed yours to a couple family members just now and they both are more than happy with it so no need to use the other one (that's $15 wasted but oh well :) The only issue we have now is the issue with Safari where the messages disappear right after loading until you reload the page. I saw your link about how to fix it and I made the change in my app.js but I am not sure how to regenerate the app.min.js file as you indicated in your instructions.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 12:05:21 AM by jasonladue »

Offline tpayen

• Melanie2 Messaging
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2015, 04:39:41 AM »
Hi,
You can change mobile skin name by editing this line : https://github.com/messagerie-melanie2/roundcube_mobile/blob/master/mobile.php#L89
But you'll probably need to make this configurable by each member of your family, so this could be a little tricky.

To regenerate the app.min.js file you can use a script (jsshrink.sh I think) available in the bin/ directory of roundcube. More simple you can use a web site like http://jscompress.com/ or just copy/paste content of app.js file in app.min.js

Offline jasonladue

« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2015, 09:37:50 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply!! As far as using a diff skin, I wasn't going to make it where they could choose individually. I was going to see which one was most popular and make that the one for everyone but with the reviews I received last night from checking with a couple of them, I'm just going to stick with your skin. The coloring is nicer on the other one (just decoration really) but the function on yours is better and easier to use. The only concern we had about yours was the issue with safari devices but your reply on how to fix the app.min.js allowed me to fix that issue so we are good to go. Thanks for the awesome work and great support!!!

Offline Kake

« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2016, 04:40:03 PM »
I use this mobile skin, too, on my platform. Thanks a lot for this great job. Normally it works fantastic, but...

When logging in with my cellular I can not use the plugin enigma for PGP encryption. Only with this mobile skin keys are not found on the server and I get a 404 not found.
Doesn't matter which mobile browser I choose - Firefox mobile, Dolphin mobile or something else...

Everything works well when using a computer.

At the moment I use K9 with OpenKeyChain for encrytion or signing messages.

Maybe anybody has an idea?

Thanks in advance

Offline ramgs

« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2016, 10:29:04 PM »
Thanks for making your Melanie2 mobile skin and plugin. Seems to me the only usable mobile skin. I set it up for our local site for usage from a mobile device. However, I've disabled it for the moment due to some error from the mobile plugin, which effectively stops scripts in the Roundcube bin directory from running.

I saw this when trying to remove users from the roundcube database using bin/deluser.sh, or some things with other script there. Those scripts simply refused to work (no message or anything on screen). After some while of being confused about the source of the error, I spotted that the roundcube logs showed these errors:

Call to a member function set_env() on a non-object in /var/www/roundcubemail/plugins/mobile/mobile.php on line 103

This seems to occur per instance of trying to run the scripts in the bin directory. For reasons specific to our site, I need to run those scripts.

Hope there's a simple fix.

Thanks very much!

PS -- If I may, a small suggestion for the next iteration of your skin. Could you perhaps allow an option for the coloured circle to the left of the message to be small and without any text in it? The current size and the three alphabets in it are distracting.

Offline ramgs

« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2016, 09:05:36 PM »
Hello! There has been no response to my previous post (#52) in about 10 days.

Could anyone please respond?

Thanks.

Offline tpayen

• Melanie2 Messaging
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2016, 04:14:56 AM »
Hello, sorry but I'm a very busy in this new year.

Hmm, I don't use scripts from the bin directoryy so I can't reproduce the problem. But this seems to come from this line https://github.com/messagerie-melanie2/roundcube_mobile/blob/master/mobile.php#L103

Maybe you can try by putting this line in the previous "if", like this : https://gist.github.com/tpayen/e5c33469a66caaefaf9c

Tell me if that solves the problem, I would make a new release

Offline ramgs

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2016, 10:56:14 AM »
Hello, and thanks kindly for your reply.

I tried your suggestion. It seems to work. I see no error messages in the roundcube logs nor in httpd's error log. The scripts in the bin directory are working as well.

I also had to put in your fix for IOS/Safari in line 2485 of app.js and minify it. It seems this was needed even for Android (tested on KitKat 4.4.2).

Last small request, if you have time. Before you make your new release, could you perhaps give the option of making the coloured circle (with first three letters of the name) smaller and *without* those three letters? It is somewhat distracting.

Thanks very much again!

Offline tpayen

• Melanie2 Messaging
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2016, 07:39:04 AM »
I made a new release 0.4.5 with the fix (just updated the fp).

It's weird that you have need the iOS fix for Android,  what's your device?

For your request, unfortunately this is a little tricky, because the colored circles are displayed with the css.
But maybe you can add some css to this, something like this https://gist.github.com/tpayen/47b764b6fcc0b5368661 should be ok (you can adapt as needed).
It can be added to "roundcube_mobile/css/melanie2_larry_mobile.min.css" file just after this line : https://github.com/messagerie-melanie2/roundcube_mobile/blob/master/css/melanie2_larry_mobile.min.css#L40

Offline ramgs

Re: Melanie2 Larry Mobile skin v0.4.5 / Roundcube 1.1.4
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2016, 09:59:33 PM »
Thanks very much!

Your fixes for mobile.php and the css are working fine. All seems well now.

My CSS change request was because the text in the circle is frequently "MrX" or "Mrs" or "DrY", i.e. just the titles. With the change, the (my) eyes now focus more readily on the name/address/subject.

Thanks very much for your efforts.

Offline dcabooter

« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2016, 10:58:55 AM »
I got the folleowing error when using the mobile skin:

Code: [Select]
The requested resource was not found!
Please contact your server-administrator

Failed request"
//mail.example.com/rcb/

In the Apache error logs I see the following error:

Code: [Select]
[Tue Jan 19 16:40:44 2016] [error] [client 213.154.248.158] File does not exist: /var/www/rcb/skins/melanie2_larry_mobile/common.css, referer: https://mail.example.com/rcb/
The file skins/melanie2_larry_mobile/common.css does indeed not exist.

Please help me fix this. Thanks in advance.

Offline tpayen

• Melanie2 Messaging
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2016, 12:09:17 PM »
Hmmm, do you have more logs (Apache or Roundcube errors) ?
I don't think this problem come from the "common.css" error. This file isn't needed and doesn't exist in the others skins. The only call to common.css is in the error.inc file, the error come probably before.

Do you have others plugins installed ?

Offline dcabooter

« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2016, 04:49:55 AM »
Sorry, I didn't know Roundcube has it's own error logs. Actually it turned out to be a permissions error. Now all works fine.