Third Party Contributions > Old Style Plug-Ins

Sievefilter and dovcot

(1/2) > >>

anuschka:
Hello,

I installed the version 2.2 of sievefilter on roundcube 1.1.1.

Why do I get the following error in [04-Jun-2015 10:55:02 +0200]: <me9jh0n8> PHP Error: SieveRules plugin: Unable to open file /etc/dovecot/sieve/example in /usr/share/roundcubemail/plugins/sieverules/sieverules.php on line 2874 (POST /roundcubemail/?_task=settings&_action=plugin.sieverules.save)?

I do not have dovcot. Do I need to install it and how do I configure it?

Please advice.

JohnDoh:

--- Quote ---Why do I get the following error in [04-Jun-2015 10:55:02 +0200]: <me9jh0n8> PHP Error: SieveRules plugin: Unable to open file /etc/dovecot/sieve/example in /usr/share/roundcubemail/plugins/sieverules/sieverules.php on line 2874 (POST /roundcubemail/?_task=settings&_action=plugin.sieverules.save)?
--- End quote ---

That error would suggest that you have made an error in the configuration of the sieverules plugin. You need to correct the $config['sieverules_example_file'] option in the sieverules config file.

--- Quote ---I do not have dovcot. Do I need to install it and how do I configure it?
--- End quote ---

You do not have to have Dovecot but you do need a IMAP server which supports sieve and the managesieve protocol.

anuschka:
Hello,

We use Cyrus instead of Dovecot.

The sieverules config files has the following entires pointing to the dovcot installation:
// Default (or global) sieve rule file
$config['sieverules_default_file'] = '/etc/dovecot/sieve/default';

// Auto load default sieve rule file if no rules exist and no import filters match
$config['sieverules_auto_load_default'] = FALSE;

// Example sieve rule file
$config['sieverules_example_file'] = '/etc/dovecot/sieve/example';

Can I point it somewhere else for the sieveruls_example_file and for the sieverules_default_file. What is sieverules expecting there?

Best regards!

JohnDoh:
Those paths are just exmaples you can set them to anything you want (as long as the user that php/webserver runs as can read them. Or remove the paths to not use those options.

The files themselves should be rule files in the same format as those generated by SieveRules

anuschka:
Hi,

I changed the example and default file location to a new location where root:apache has read rights.

I also created an example and default file but I am still getting the following error:
[08-Jun-2015 11:51:17 +0200]: <rbfu27se> PHP Error: SieveRules plugin: Unable to open file /etc/dovecot/sieve/example in /usr/share/roundcubemail/plugins/sieverules/sieverules.php on line 2874 (POST /roundcubemail/?_task=settings&_action=plugin.sieverules.save)

I am not refering to /etc/dovcot/sieve/example in my config file:

--- Code: ---// Default (or global) sieve rule file
$config['sieverules_default_file'] = '/usr/share/roundcubemail/plugins/sieverules/default';

// Auto load default sieve rule file if no rules exist and no import filters match
$config['sieverules_auto_load_default'] = FALSE;

// Example sieve rule file
$config['sieverules_example_file'] = '/usr/share/roundcubemail/plugins/sieverules/example';
--- End code ---

I also do not see any default rule in my UI if I do not have any sieverules configured under my user ID.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version