Author Topic: Export to EML Format  (Read 3893 times)

Offline dlwhitehurst

Export to EML Format
« on: June 17, 2015, 05:41:30 PM »
Can someone point me to filesystem path or code module that does the export to EML format? I'm an Enterprise Java guy but I'm considering adding to Roundcube since I use it for my business. If I add to the RoundCube codebase and people want the feature, I'll contribute my solution. I want to backup my Postfix email and I have no clue about the format on disk. The filenames are cryptic and I would like to create a backup system to export all the mail to a /tmp area and then tar/gzip the package. I'll contribute if someone can point me to the code module. I haven't learned how everything works but it's been a while since I dealt with PHP and your code is pretty sophisticated for my experience. If I see the code that does the export, I can probably figure out my mass conversion and backup plan.

Oh, and a BIG THANKS for what you guys have done! This is great stuff for small business. Since I use Tomcat containers on CentOS VMs, this worked well with my company machine.

David L. Whitehurst
david@ciwise.com

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Export to EML Format
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 10:04:28 PM »
You may want to look at the zip-download plugin that comes with Roundcube https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/tree/master/plugins/zipdownload it allows you to download multiple emails in one zip.