Author Topic: suggestions - many  (Read 6343 times)

hooligon

suggestions - many
« on: September 03, 2007, 01:30:48 AM »
Dear RoundCube Developers!

I have just start to use this webmail at my new webhost provider. I like it very-very much! :)
So simple, so clear... Congratulations!
Though, I miss some features.
 - optional "striped" message list, like this: http://www.nutsmail.com/images/bluehive_inbox.jpg (I don't know the exact name of this feature)
 - virtual folders: these folders would contain other (user-definable) folders content. The most important benefit of these folders would be that they could contain both incoming, and outgoing messages, and when thread-view is turned on in a virtual folder, user could see the real conversations.
 - conversation/threaded view: not only threaded message listing, but when I open a conversation, I see all the messages from the selected conversation. Each message could be collapsed to one row. (like Gmail)
 - threaded listing: one row for each conversation with a number of the included messages
 - support for more than one account. Each accounts would have their own folder tree. Two viewing mode: tabbed, and all account's folders in one list.
 - dedicated buttons to eg. move selected messages to a predefined folder, or mark them as read, etc. At leasest 5 such buttons.
 - predefined blind-copy for outgoing messages.
 - rules: e.g.: if "From:" contains "user1@mydomain.com" then Bcc = "archive@myotherdomain.com"
 - status report: I could see (later too) that my sent message is delivered or read or not.

I know, that some suggestions of mine are already on your list, but I tried to describe my view of them.

Thank You!

Best Regards,
Hooligon

Offline vanbroup

Re: suggestions - many
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 06:55:43 AM »
Quote from: hooligon
- optional "striped" message list, like this:

(I don't know the exact name of this feature)
What do you mean with a "striped" message list?, sorry I do not see something special in this screenshot.

- virtual folders: these folders would contain other (user-definable) folders content. The most important benefit of these folders would be that they could contain both incoming, and outgoing messages, and when thread-view is turned on in a virtual folder, user could see the real conversations.
Could be nice, someting like a saved search in Thunderbird?

- conversation/threaded view: not only threaded message listing, but when I open a conversation, I see all the messages from the selected conversation. Each message could be collapsed to one row. (like Gmail)
Yes, nice options, also a nice option for the message overview. Gmail does this great, only show the last message and show the number of messages below this message. See this page in the Gmail Tour

- threaded listing: one row for each conversation with a number of the included messages
:)

- support for more than one account. Each accounts would have their own folder tree. Two viewing mode: tabbed, and all account's folders in one list.
Ok, nice but maby there are currently enough other more useful requests.

- dedicated buttons to eg. move selected messages to a predefined folder, or mark them as read, etc. At leasest 5 such buttons.
I think there are currently enough other more useful requests, but it can be a useful option.

- predefined blind-copy for outgoing messages.
I personally don't use this (I got enough mail), but I now a lot of poeple using this option in there mail client.

- rules: e.g.: if "From:" contains "user1@mydomain.com" then Bcc = "archive@myotherdomain.com"
You can create your rules already within your procmail config?, control panel etc etc... why? (when will the rules be executed..? only when reading your mail?)

- status report: I could see (later too) that my sent message is delivered or read or not.
I think verry difficult to create, this should be stored in the database or in the orginal message headers?

Offline Bici

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 06:25:24 AM »
Hi!

"What do you mean with a "striped" message list?"
Every second line has an other color in the screenshot. Stripes... Streaks... (I think).

Virtual folder could be something like All Mail or labels in gmail.

Rules could be useful for outgoing messages.

The others are very cool! Especially "dedicated buttons to..."!

Cheers!

Offline vanbroup

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 01:32:21 PM »
Quote from: Bici
Every second line has an other color in the screenshot. Stripes... Streaks... (I think).
Ok, yes this is a nice view...

Virtual folder could be something like All Mail or labels in gmail.
Nice

Rules could be useful for outgoing messages.
Rules for outgoing messages, can you explain?

Offline Bici

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 05:24:58 PM »
Hello!

eg:
I have 3 email addresses/aliases, and I have 3 outbox folder, one for each, and rules can sort them to the predefined folder.
OR
I want to sort conversations by business clients. Each of them could have Inbox and Outbox folder.
OR
Sorting Outgoing messages to folders by date.

Regards,
Bici