Author Topic: Fresh install or Upgrade not working  (Read 11968 times)

Offline Grentarc

Fresh install or Upgrade not working
« on: June 10, 2015, 05:44:20 AM »
Hi,
 I currently have Roundcube 0.5beta running perfectly on my Ubuntu 9.04 server - but have decided it may be time to upgrade.  I tried the upgrade script through SSH and get
Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/program/include/clisetup.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/mail2/bin/installto.sh on line 24

If I try a fresh install, through /installer/index.php I get
 Warning: require_once(Roundcube/bootstrap.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/mail2/installer/index.php on line 57

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Roundcube/bootstrap.php' (include_path='/program/lib:/program/include:.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/mail2/installer/index.php on line 57

It is probably something quite obvious I am missing....   so any suggestions?
Your help is appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 05:47:32 AM by Grentarc »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Fresh install or Upgrade not working
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 09:10:50 PM »
What version of PHP is on the server?

Offline Grentarc

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 03:38:15 AM »
PHP Version => 5.2.6-3ubuntu4.6

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 06:32:18 AM »
Roundcube 1.1+ requires PHP >= 5.3.7. Those log messages show that the include path is not being set correctly. Its not getting the full path to the Roundcube folder. I dont know if that is because of the wrong PHP version or some server settings/restrictions.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 10:19:28 AM »
I'd recommend doing a full system update, Ubuntu 9.04 support ended on October 23, 2010 and PHP 5.2.x support ended January 6, 2011. That means you have a server with a lot of security vulnerabilities that hasn't had any updates for ~5 years. I'd recommend going to an Ubuntu LTS release so you don't have to update the OS as often.

Offline Grentarc

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 02:14:46 AM »
Well, looks like I am up for a new server - as this was located on a remote server, the update didn't go as planned (broken connection during update) and bricked the system. 
The positive side of it is though is that the requirement for me to restore my backup showed a flaw in the container software of the server, and I am getting an updated system with newer hardware and OS for no cost!  down side is that I have now been down for over a week.   Once I have the new server up and running though, I will be much happier.

Thanks for the help - I was sure it was something I had missed, like the fact I had a severely out of date system!  at least I had a backup done before I decided to update

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 02:35:15 AM »
Glad I could help and sorry for the trouble. At least you had a backup :)

Offline wnissen

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 04:44:40 PM »
I had the same error running PHP 5.4 on 1and1.com, and was able to resolve it by upgrading my PHP version there to 5.6