Author Topic: Deleted and Moved emails not showing moved on other IMAP software  (Read 3988 times)

Offline RyanS107

I have spoken to the web hosting company we use that has RoundCube 1.0.5 installed and they do not seem to have any knowledge of helping with this issue.  I use RoundCube to access my email on my laptop and whenever I delete or move an email to a folder, this is not shown on my Android email client (which accesses email via IMAP).  However, when I delete or move an email on my phone, the change is immediately recognized on RoundCube.  Is anyone aware of why this might happen with RoundCube and if there is a way to fix this?  Thanks.

Ryan

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Deleted and Moved emails not showing moved on other IMAP software
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 05:53:07 PM »
Roundcube reflex what is on the mail server, the problem is most likely with the mail client on your phone.

Offline RyanS107

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 07:59:05 AM »
If this issue is with the mail client on the phone, why would emails that I delete on my phone immediately be reflected in RoundCube?  Wouldn't it be the other way around that I would see them deleted on my phone but not RoundCube?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 06:24:55 PM »
When you delete an email on your phone that delete command is going back to the mail server and the email is removed. After that action Roundcube shows the change. The email client on your phone is most likely caching the emails not checking for changes.

Offline RyanS107

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 08:31:43 AM »
So are you saying most phone / iPad email software have a setting to change this or make it not just cache the email, but check for any changes?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 08:38:54 AM »
It depends on the software but generally you do want it doing some cacheing otherwise it would use more data.

Offline RyanS107

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 07:27:30 PM »
So do you have the issue I mentioned?  If so, how do you solve it?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 04:07:23 PM »
I often see a sync delay buts it not enough to bother me, typically email is matched between my phone and the server within a minute.