Author Topic: Very impressive speed ...  (Read 3907 times)

Offline ymartin

Very impressive speed ...
« on: November 07, 2007, 09:53:45 PM »
Hello,

I love this new webmail interface. I use Open Webmail for years and switch now for RoundCube Mail. I was very impressed by the hi-speed interface (and I have 7 years of emails archives...)

This is also a wish list of 3 things I use always :
1. need to sort by read/unread email;
2. a very useful one : files management in the email interface;
3. be able to sort faster directories for email just typing the first letter of the directorie's name (I have nearly 500 of different directories and sub-directories of emails...

I've installed this soft under "ensim" but I'm not able to manage "virtual" users...

Yves,
Canada
---
Yves,
Canada

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
Re: Very impressive speed ...
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 08:45:43 PM »
1.) I thought this was already implemented.... but if not, I agree, it would be nice.
2.) It's in the works...
3.) You may get some speed increase, but I wouldn't count on leaps & bounds. Essentially RC doesn't download all the mail (hence why it seems so fast) so the headers are all it gets, and those are for like the top XX sorted by whatever you choose (read status, date, sender, etc.). Now, when you add searching to it, and you want to search the entire directory, RC has to make a few trips to the server to get a few things and that's going to slow it down. Pulling all the emails to the client would be a hassle too (and defeat the purpose of the IMAP server). So I doubt you'll see a huge increase, but speed may go up as hardware improves ;)

I'm not sure about virtual users.... I'm still looking for a good virt-user table tutorial....

Offline ymartin

Re: Very impressive speed ...
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 07:48:30 PM »
1) I don't see... perhaps I'm wrong ?
2) Will wait this very usefully feature of course !
3... I understand the point. It is also a different "philosophy"... and have to change my habits !

About Virtual users... this is also another point. Until now, I don't use ability to create users under the virtual server, so I use the root access. Later perhaps, I will get a more deeply look for that :-)

I've note, in edition mode the switch form text to html is not here if by default we are in text only. This is a problem when I want to reply including pictures and html format... but this is the only bug I've note.

Definitively, I love this soft... I use it every day with a kind of ... happiness ;)
---
Yves,
Canada