Author Topic: Checking Multiple IMAP Accounts From A Single RoundCube Login  (Read 31588 times)

Offline ahm

"Checking Multiple IMAP Accounts From A Single RoundCube Login: Myroundcube, Plugin Manager and Accounts Plugins."

I am trying to check multiple IMAP email accounts from one RoundCube login. The RoundCube I have installed was via SimpleScripts, via Netfirms.

I believe this is possible with the following plugins installed, in the RoundCube "plugins" directory: accounts, global_config, jqueryui, qtip, settings, as well as plugin_manager.

Where required, I have duplicated any ".dist" files, resaving them as ".php", and then made changes to this new file. For example, roundcube > plugins > plugin_manager "config.inc.php.dist", was duplicated and resaved as "config.inc.php", and line "$rcmail_config['plugin_manager_admins'] = array(); // lowercase !!!" was then replaced to include an admin login email address: "$rcmail_config['plugin_manager_admins'] = array('myadminemail@gmail.com'); // lowercase !!!".

My first login (after adding the admin email address) asked me to select the plugins I wanted to download ... To be more specific, after installing and modifying the "plugin_manager" plugin, I logged into RoundCube using "myadminemail@gmail.com", which prompted me to select the plugins I would like to download. Everything was downloaded.

After downloading the plugins, I then uploaded only what (I believe) is needed to view multiple IMAP inboxes from one RoundCube login: accounts, global_config, jqueryui, qtip, settings, as well as plugin_manager. As my initial install of RoundCube came via SimpleScripts and Netfirms, these are not the only plugins listed in the "plugins" directory.

1) roundcube > config > main.inc.php ... line "$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array('settings','qtip','jqueryui','plugin_manager');" ... I cannot add 'global_config' to this line ... If I add 'global_config' to this line, I then have problems using RoundCube. If I add this line, and log into RoundCube, and then click "Settings", both "Account Administration" and "Manage Plugins" are missing from the "Section" list. If I remove 'global_config', both are available. My first question is: Do I need 'global_config' listed as a plugin to see multiple IMAP accounts from within a single RoundCube login?

2) With the following ... roundcube > config > main.inc.php, "$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array('settings','qtip','jqueryui','plugin_manager');" ... , and then having logged into RoundCube, I click on "Settings", then "Accounts Administration", and then "Add". Here I am prompted to add a remote IMAP account. (Also note the following ... roundcube > plugins > accounts > config.inc.php, "$rcmail_config['accounts_hosts'] = array( 'Yahoo' => 'ssl://imap.mail.yahoo.com:993|ssl://smtp.yahoo.com:465');") ... I enter "Account Name" (Email2), "Login ID" (mysecondemail@yahoo.com) and "Password" (my password) and of course "Confirm Password" (my password). I then click "Submit", and RoundCube tells me, "Successfully Saved" ... However ... Having brought me back to "Accounts Administration", the Account Name and Login ID that I have just entered are not listed. And so my second question is: Should I see the Account Name and Login ID after adding?

3) I can now send email from Yahoo (Email2), when logged into RoundCube using Gmail (Admin, Email1), but I cannot see the inbox or folders associated with Email2. And so my last question is: Should I see the inboxes and folders associated with both IMAP accounts, from one RoundCube login (Email1)?

Can someone please review these steps and let me know where I've gone wrong.

As stated above, I would like to check multiple IMAP email accounts from one RoundCube login. This means that I'd like to check and see the inboxes and folders for both Email1 and Email2, from a single RoundCube login (Email1).

Offline rosali

Re: Checking Multiple IMAP Accounts From A Single RoundCube Login
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 05:28:24 PM »
You don't need global_config. Did you run the SQL script (located in accounts/SQL) to create accounts database table?
Regards,
Rosali

Offline ahm

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 05:32:53 AM »
Nope. Please let me know how to run this script.

(And a little while later)

I can now see changes to my database. For example, mySQL > accounts > account_dn (_id, _pw, _host, _host_smtp) are all present.

For anyone that cares: I needed to copy the script contained in the file roundcube > plugins > accounts > SQL > mysql.sql, and execute that script inside my mySQL Admin (mysqladmin, then "SQL", then pasting the selected text underneath "Run SQL query", then clicking "Go").

(And very soon thereafter)

I then logged into RoundCube (Email1), went to "Settings" > "Identities" and deleted all Identities except Email1.

I then reenter the details for Email2 (described above) and ...

I can now check multiple IMAP accounts from a single RoundCube login ... although I can't see both inboxes at once. Oh well.

Thank-you.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 06:35:40 AM by ahm »

Offline Stéphan35

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 03:56:45 AM »
Hello,
This is my fisrt post,
I would like to know if this modification can display multiple imap account at the same time (same sreen)

And also, if it can work with new release ?

Thanks.
Best regards

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 11:30:56 AM »
I would like to know if this modification can display multiple imap account at the same time (same sreen)
Nope.

And also, if it can work with new release ?
Nope, I believe the MyRoundcube project (not part of the Roundcube project) which built the plugin is now defunct.