Author Topic: FIXED: Invalid request! No data was saved  (Read 13671 times)

Offline fhdk

FIXED: Invalid request! No data was saved
« on: September 21, 2015, 10:18:03 AM »
Caused by PHP 7.0
Fixed by returning to PHP 5.6

A couple of days ago my RC installation stopped working with the above error.
I am using the latest stable against MySQL

I have been researching the cause but can't find it.

Code: [Select]
// ----------------------------------
// PLUGINS
// ----------------------------------
// List of active plugins (in plugins/ directory)
$config['plugins'] = array(
    'acl',
    'additional_message_headers',
    'archive',
    'attachment_reminder',
    'debug_logger',
    'filters',
    'hide_blockquote',
    'http_authentication',
    'identity_select',
    'jqueryui',
    'markasjunk2',
    'newmail_notifier',
    'new_user_identity',
    'redundant_attachments',
    'show_additional_headers',
    'subscriptions_option',
    'vcard_attachments',
    'zipdownload'
    );

Is anyonw able to decipher my error log?
Code: [Select]
# Firefox browser test
[21-Sep-2015 15:59:19 Europe/Copenhagen] PHP Warning:  session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at mail/program/include/rcmail.php:1) in mail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_session.php on line 117
[21-Sep-2015 15:59:20 Europe/Copenhagen] PHP Warning:  session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at mail/program/include/rcmail.php:1) in mail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_session.php on line 117
[21-Sep-2015 15:59:20 Europe/Copenhagen] PHP Warning:  Declaration of rcube_ldap::insert($save_cols) should be compatible with rcube_addressbook::insert($save_data, $check = false) in mail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_ldap.php on line 28
# Midori browser test
[21-Sep-2015 16:01:21 Europe/Copenhagen] PHP Warning:  session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at mail/program/include/rcmail.php:1) in mail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_session.php on line 117
[21-Sep-2015 16:01:21 Europe/Copenhagen] PHP Warning:  session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at mail/program/include/rcmail.php:1) in mail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_session.php on line 117
[21-Sep-2015 16:01:21 Europe/Copenhagen] PHP Warning:  Declaration of rcube_ldap::insert($save_cols) should be compatible with rcube_addressbook::insert($save_data, $check = false) in mail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_ldap.php on line 28
[21-Sep-2015 16:01:37 Europe/Copenhagen] PHP Warning:  session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at mail/program/include/rcmail.php:1) in mail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_session.php on line 117
[21-Sep-2015 16:01:37 Europe/Copenhagen] PHP Warning:  session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at mail/program/include/rcmail.php:1) in mail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_session.php on line 117
[21-Sep-2015 16:01:37 Europe/Copenhagen] PHP Warning:  Declaration of rcube_ldap::insert($save_cols) should be compatible with rcube_addressbook::insert($save_data, $check = false) in mail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_ldap.php on line 28
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 07:11:52 AM by fhdk »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Invalid request! No data was saved
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 10:35:09 AM »
The errors indicate that something is header to be prematurity, this is most likely caused by a space at the top of a php file before the <?php. The errors makes it look like the problem is in the <RC root>/program/include/rcmail.php file so check and make sure that is fine (which it should be unless its been modified) If the problem continues try disabling all the plugins and see if the error disappears.

Offline fhdk

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 11:11:19 AM »
Thanks for the reply

The errors makes it look like the problem is in the <RC root>/program/include/rcmail.php file so check and make sure that is fine (which it should be unless its been modified)

I checked th rcmail.php file - the first line is <?php so it is not there.

If the problem continues try disabling all the plugins and see if the error disappears.

I disabled all plugins with no change.

I wonder what could cause it since there has been no change on my part.

Updated to 1.1.3 and still no change - this update triggered another error described in this post

http://www.roundcubeforum.net/index.php/topic,22901.0.html
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 11:21:04 AM by fhdk »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 12:19:23 PM »
Does your rcmail.php file have a ?> at the end? If it does that can lead to a space that will mess up the header.

Offline fhdk

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 12:34:32 PM »
Thanks for the reply

Does your rcmail.php file have a ?> at the end? If it does that can lead to a space that will mess up the header.

The file did NOT have the closing tag

Adding it leads to a blank page when logging in and a subsequent reload returns to login with the same error

Offline alec

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 01:51:31 PM »
"Invalid request! No data was saved" indicates CSRF security token check fails. Something is wrong with session or something (proxy?) removes X-Roundcube-Request header (or less likely POST parameter).