Author Topic: Cannot sign into roundcube  (Read 4681 times)

Offline pbourgeois

Cannot sign into roundcube
« on: October 09, 2015, 09:02:32 AM »
Hello just installed Ubuntu 14, Dovecot, Postfix, and with Roundcube as the webmail.  Dovecot seems to be running fine as does the other applications, but I cannot sign into roundcube no matter what fixes I have tried.  I turned on the error log for IMAP and this is what I am getting from a login attempt:

[09-Oct-2015 07:49:07 -0500]: [BDB8] S: A0002 NO [UNAVAILABLE] Temporary authentication failure. [mail1.crownenterprises.com:2015-10-09 12:49:07]

Please help I am new to dovecot and postfix as most of what I have used before was sendmail.

Patrick

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Cannot sign into roundcube
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 11:19:04 AM »
Can you login into Dovecot via telnet?

Offline pbourgeois

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 12:48:08 PM »
Yes if I telnet to localhost 143 it will login.

root@mail1:/home/mailserver# telnet localhost 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to mail1.crownenterprises.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Dovecot (Ubuntu) ready.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 01:08:53 PM »
That log shows that its connecting but it looks like you didn't try to login.

Offline pbourgeois

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 02:38:31 PM »
Your right sorry new to Dovecot I did connect but did not try to login I get the same error message as I fist listed when I try to login.  I created a user and password, admin for postfix and an email/box, was I suppose to create a user for dovecot somehow I was under the impression that it added my user to dovecot.

Okay I found I had a config error in the /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext I had misspelled "mailpassord" of all things in line:
connect = host=localhost dbname=mail user=mail password=mailpassword

Now that mailpassword says mailpassword, it sits for a bit longer then gives message waiting for auth response then give same error so getting closer.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 03:29:43 PM by pbourgeois »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 03:36:17 AM »
It depends on how you have Postfix and Dovecot setup. Your problem is with Dovecot not Roundcube so you may get more help on a Dovecot forum. The next step you should take is to look at your Dovecot logs to see why it can't authenticate users.