Author Topic: IMAP login error  (Read 3369 times)

Offline robertkwild

IMAP login error
« on: October 12, 2015, 08:06:40 AM »
hi all,

i have postfix dovecot and roundcube all on the same server and dovecot authenticates to the LDAP for user credentials (LDAP is on another server)

on my dovecot server i do a telnet to the localhost port 143 (telnet localhost 143) and it says connected ok, i then login using my ldap user and that works (e login user password_for_user), it allows the user to connect to my imap server

i then try login to the roundcube web mail, i enter my user creds and i get an error, i attach the error below

Login failed for robert from 192.168.1.10. Could not connect to localhost:143: Permission denied in /var/www/html/rc/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 198 (POST /rc/?_task=login?_task=login&_action=login)

any help would be greatley appreciated

many thanks

rob

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: IMAP login error
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 06:51:11 PM »
That error means that Roundcube can't connect to the mail server not that the user authentication failed. Make sure that PHP can connect to the mail server, check firewalls, selinux, and anything that maybe blocking the connection.

Offline robertkwild

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 04:12:49 PM »
but the mail server ie the IMAP dovecot server is on the same host as the rouncube server ie the locahost

how can i check if php can connect to the mail server?

Offline robertkwild

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 04:14:48 PM »
you are a genius!!!

i disabled se linux and all is good

i know i can count on you

thanks