Author Topic: RoundCube Shared Folders and Apple Mail Application  (Read 3144 times)

Offline RemyM

RoundCube Shared Folders and Apple Mail Application
« on: November 10, 2015, 12:02:08 PM »
Dear Community,

I have been using RoundCube for a while now and everything works and syncs properly with Apple Mail. I can receive emails, send emails and create different folders and use filters to split up different emails.

However, I have been puzzled by one aspect, which seems to fail in Apple Mail (as well as iOS), but not in Outlook: Shared Folders with other RoundCube Users.

In RoundCube, it is possible to share specific mail folders with other users, so one is able to share emails that go into that folder. I have recently created such a folder and shared it with Collagues (done so in RoundCube). Although all of my colleagues were able to see and access the folder in their own RoundCube (as we have to select the folder to become visible), those using Apple Mail would not see this newly shared folder anywhere in their Apple Mail application. Those using Outlook were able to find it by using "synchronise folders" and can now thus access it freely via Outlook.

In addition, it seems that as I was the one that created the shared folder in my own RoundCube account, I was able to see and use this folder via Apple Mail.

I was wondering if this was a known issue and if so... if there is a work-around to it (other than switching to Outlook or access RoundCube via a webbrowser).

Sincerely,
Remy