Author Topic: Multiple instances and single database  (Read 4362 times)

Offline noeleon

Multiple instances and single database
« on: December 08, 2015, 06:59:51 PM »
Hi

wondering if what I am planning on doing will cause problems in the future.

I am planning on running multiple instances* of roundcube - basically each hosted email domain will get it's own instance of roundcube. Each email domain wants its own skin and settings etc..

What I am wondering is if I need to also operate independent databases for each of the instances.. I have tried this and it -seems- to work though not sure it's really recommended.

* Instances are separate lxc containers

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Multiple instances and single database
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 08:09:32 PM »
I can't think of any direct problems with it, although your going to need to update all of the Roundcube instances at the same time. Why do you just use the include_host_config option http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Howto_Config/Multidomains that way you can still set all of the settings and skins for each domain but you would only have to update one instance of Roundcube.

Offline noeleon

Re: Multiple instances and single database
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 10:52:54 PM »
I can't think of any direct problems with it, although your going to need to update all of the Roundcube instances at the same time. Why do you just use the include_host_config option http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Howto_Config/Multidomains that way you can still set all of the settings and skins for each domain but you would only have to update one instance of Roundcube.

thanks for that - I did explore multidomains though not sure it really meets my current requirements as there are some server side differences as well. will probably just do some more testing using the central DB and see if I have any issues.