Author Topic: How does roundcube mark a mail junk?  (Read 5970 times)

Offline Anhad

How does roundcube mark a mail junk?
« on: January 21, 2016, 12:23:35 PM »
I'm using ISPManager which uses dovecot + exim setup with roundcube.
I've setup exim using the following settings:

warn message = X-blacklisted-at: $dnslist_domain
     dnslists = blackholes.mail-abuse.org : \
                dialup.mail-abuse.org

http://www.exim.org/howto/rbl.html

This is supposed to mark emails from servers with IP's listed in the Spamhaus DNSBLs as junk.

I'm confused because I have set it up correctly but mails are not being marked as junk, or being sent to the Junk/Spam folder in roundcube.

Help me out here please. I'm willing to pay a professional to set this up for me.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: How does roundcube mark a mail junk?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 04:25:26 PM »
The warn message setting would only add a header to the email about the email being on the blacklist it wouldn't actually move the message. You'd need to configure the mail server to look for that header and move the message to another folder. Roundcube isn't responsible for moving emails that are flagged as spam.

Offline Anhad

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 11:34:15 PM »
The warn message setting would only add a header to the email about the email being on the blacklist it wouldn't actually move the message. You'd need to configure the mail server to look for that header and move the message to another folder. Roundcube isn't responsible for moving emails that are flagged as spam.
Thanks for the answer
How do I accomplish that?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 02:45:46 PM »
You could try the built in methods in Exim: http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/filter_ch-forwarding_and_filtering_in_exim.html Or you could try setting up something like Managesieve to manage filters.