Author Topic: Autorespond not working.  (Read 3875 times)

Offline chuleh

Autorespond not working.
« on: February 04, 2015, 11:44:45 AM »
Hi everyone, this is my first post here so if it's the wrong section, please let me know.
We're having trouble with the vacation plugin, on some mail accounts it's working, on some others it doesn't. The guy who used to administer our mail platform quit so I'm taking care of it, still learning about roundcube and he didn't document much.
I wish I could add more data, but that's pretty much it. I checked the main.inc.php and the plugin is active

I checked our postfix logs, and the autoresponse doesn't even show that it's being sent on the account with issues, however on my account, it does show up so it's not an smtp server issue.

// List of active plugins (in plugins/ directory)
$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array(auth_backend,logout_redirect,additional_message_headers,sieverules,sauserprefs,blockspamsending,limit_recipients,vacation);

/edit:
Checked .dovecot.sieve.log, getting this message
error: msgid=<54D23237.1030009@blah>: failed to send vacation response to <user@domain.com> (refer to server log for more information).

« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 01:04:46 PM by chuleh »

Offline dlgoff4850

Re: Autorespond not working.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 06:57:55 PM »
did you get this resolved?  I am having the same problem.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 07:34:32 PM »
Note that Roundcube doesn't send the auto responder messages the plugin only interfaces with the service that handles the sending of the email.

Offline Kake

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 05:11:32 PM »
First of all your mail folders on the system itself must be writable. It is not a postfix issue.
Take a look in your dovecot.conf.
If you have a global sieve then the user sieves get ignored.

You have to use something like sieve_before rules to get used one after another...

Example:

plugin {
   sieve_before = /var/lib/dovecot/sieve/default.sieve // global sieve for example automatically move spam into junk folder...
   sieve_before2 = /home/vmail/%d/%n/sieve/managesieve.sieve // This is for user sieves as the plugin managesieve
   sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
   sieve_global_path = /var/lib/dovecot/sieve/default.sieve
   sieve_dir = ~/sieve
   sieve_global_dir = /var/lib/dovecot/sieve/
}

Note: the mail folders must be writable

Offline bear3itu

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 08:26:00 PM »
 :-[ i have same problems