Author Topic: More interface requests  (Read 7205 times)

Offline Saint

More interface requests
« on: July 24, 2006, 01:16:45 PM »
Two things:

1. Since you can't right click in roundcube we need a way to open links in e-mails in a new window or new tab. I could probably modify the code to do this myself, but there isn't enough time in the day, and I think it should be a standard feature in RC.

2. When you sort by sender, I've noticed that RC only sorts alphabetically the list of emails that are currently displayed (1-40 out of 300) and not (1-300 out of 300). I dont think that this is very useful unless you sort the whole inbox rather than the results on the page.

What do you think?

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
Re: More interface requests
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 08:39:28 AM »
1. Since you can't right click in roundcube we need a way to open links in e-mails in a new window or new tab. I could probably modify the code to do this myself, but there isn't enough time in the day, and I think it should be a standard feature in RC.
In the SVN versions, the right-click is available. New tabs are going to be an issue. New windows would be easier since that is cross-browser compatible from like 1990 :) You can set up your browser to open everything in new tabs if you so wish.

2. When you sort by sender, I've noticed that RC only sorts alphabetically the list of emails that are currently displayed (1-40 out of 300) and not (1-300 out of 300). I dont think that this is very useful unless you sort the whole inbox rather than the results on the page.
I agree, but I don't have a 300 message inbox to test this out in.....

Offline Saint

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 10:19:11 AM »
Yea, I just tried the SVN out. It looks hot. Do you think it will be easy to upgrade when a new stable version comes out? I wouldn't want to lose my folders/email/contacts.

I'll try to test the sort thing out, I'm still new to PHP though, so it'd probably take me a while.

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 10:27:17 AM »
Should be an easy upgrade.... just execute the *.update.sql file for your system, overwrite all the files in Roundcube, and log in. Everything *should* be saved.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 05:24:45 AM »
I like to Tab idea but All the new browsers Have it, FireFox, Opera, NetScape, IE 7, Safari, So can we get some thing?

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 09:08:51 AM »
Technically we already have tabbing... it's just that they're not tabs per-say.... the Settings, Email, Logout and all are "tabs"...

Plus, that's more of a skin item than anything ;) So some skins will be able to have tabs, while others can decide not to.