Author Topic: Roundcube newbie suggestions and ideas kindly required.  (Read 2622 times)

Offline agidi

Roundcube newbie suggestions and ideas kindly required.
« on: January 30, 2016, 11:43:07 AM »

Hello roundcube gurus of the world.

Im kindly requesting insight on this issue, to help me better understand .

I build websites, i host them on dreamhost ( yeah i know but they still manage to come along nicely).

The users do not like Squirrelmail , i understand them totally.

So i thought on using Roudcube

but i have several questions.

How do i handle several domains, on one Roundcube server?  or do i need one install per domain?

How do i size the server that will run RC ? i can spin up a VPS on dreamhost or Digital Ocean, but what size, or will it even help?

I understand RC is a front end, or does it actually store data on the server? Need a lot of storage? or ram?

I have less than 50 domains, some have 1 or 3 email accounts but some do have 25-80 users, with a bit more office like traffic of emails, and attachments, quotes, etc.

Anything else i need to take into account before running the RC route?

all your suggestions and opinions are greatly appreciated.
thanks

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Roundcube newbie suggestions and ideas kindly required.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 05:28:02 PM »
Well first of all I'd like to point out that Dreamhost does offer Roundcube, just go into Mail > Webmail > Edit the domain and then select "Enable RoundCube Webmail". Now on to your other questions:

1. Roundcube supports multiple domains with one install.
2. Roundcube can be installed anywhere that meets the requirements http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Howto_Requirements
3. Email's are stored on the mail server, Roundcube stores the address books and the user preferences there isn't any set minimum RAM or CPU, Roundcube is very light over all.