Author Topic: Autocomplete for all address books  (Read 3957 times)

Offline pieterhouwen

Autocomplete for all address books
« on: February 17, 2016, 07:52:26 AM »
Hi all,

I'm currently running roundcubemail-1.1.3 on my workplace server, and I was wondering how to enable autocomplete on all address books.
I have in my config.inc.php:

Code: [Select]
// List of active plugins (in plugins/ directory)
$config['plugins'] = array(
        'globaladdressbook',
        'archive',
        'zipdownload',
        'http_authentication',
        'emoticons',
        'newmail_notifier',
        'show_additional_headers',
        'vacation',
        'identity_select',
#       'compose_addressbook',
#       'google_addressbook',

# 20160208 -- PH Commented 2 plugins to see if autocomplete in addressbook will work.
);

$config['addressbook_search_mode'] = 0;
$config['autocomplete_single'] = false;
$config['autocomplete_addressbooks'] = Array(
            'globaladdressbook',
            'cosine_Staff',
            'cosine_Contacts',
            'Global_Addresses',
            'Personal_Addresses',
# 20160208 PH -- Tried if putting the names like they appear on the UI as autocomplete addressbooks. No success.
        );

My globaladdressbook php files are attached.

The head IT guy set this whole system up, and I'm fairly new to Linux and this sort of thing.
I already asked him whether he wanted to use composer to manage the plugins, but he doesn't want composer installed.

Is it even possible to have autocomplete on on all address books?

-Pieter
Junior System Administrator
cosine Science & Computing

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Autocomplete for all address books
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 12:05:15 PM »
Which addressbooks you can use in auto complete depends on the addressbooks themselves (if they support it or not) the globaladdressbook plugin does support it and all you need to do is set `globaladdressbook_autocomplete` to true in the plugin config (which I see you have).

It is a bit confusing having it in 2 places but it is because in `autocomplete_addressbooks` you must specify the addressbook id not the name of the plugin or anything like that. so when you set `globaladdressbook_autocomplete` true then it adds the id to `autocomplete_addressbooks` for you.

In case any one is interested the default id of the addressbook created by the globaladdressbook plugin in `global`.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline pieterhouwen

Re: Autocomplete for all address books
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 03:50:52 AM »
Which addressbooks you can use in auto complete depends on the addressbooks themselves (if they support it or not) the globaladdressbook plugin does support it and all you need to do is set `globaladdressbook_autocomplete` to true in the plugin config (which I see you have).

It is a bit confusing having it in 2 places but it is because in `autocomplete_addressbooks` you must specify the addressbook id not the name of the plugin or anything like that. so when you set `globaladdressbook_autocomplete` true then it adds the id to `autocomplete_addressbooks` for you.

In case any one is interested the default id of the addressbook created by the globaladdressbook plugin in `global`.

That did the trick, thanks!