Author Topic: anyone running roundcube with "software collections" PHPs?  (Read 5376 times)

Offline koumooo

anyone running roundcube with "software collections" PHPs?
« on: March 01, 2016, 06:38:30 PM »
I was wondering whether anyone else is running roundcubem using the packages provided from the "software collections" repositories of Red hat ( and Centos)

an example would be php 5.6 provided here:
https://www.softwarecollections.org/en/scls/rhscl/rh-php56/

these have a few things for them:
:official support ( theones relased from RHEL) for 3 years for an admitedly old version os the OS ( RHEL 6/ Centos 6)
regular updates ( they follow upstream updates a bit slowly, BUT providing, , again for 3 years at least the security updates

what make sthings complicated is that they have different packages name from the original packages ( so you can mix them..), which complicates things..
for example the 5.6 mentioned above, has packages that follow this naming convention:
rh-php56,  rh-php56-php-cli,  rh-php56-php-common, rh-php56-php-gd ...etc

So I was wondering:

had anyone good advice to offer after using them?
are they compatiblem with roundcube?

mre importantly , do the custom PEAR libraries ( php-pear-Mail-Mime, php-pear-Mail-mimeDecode ...etc) that roundcube depends upon work with them?

« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 06:59:42 PM by koumooo »

Offline milli_wW

Re: anyone running roundcube with "software collections" PHPs?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2021, 04:11:36 PM »
Have you tried contacting the support service? Are there any updates on the situation?
As far as I know, roundcube has been deprecated for a long time. I advise you to just look for new software packages.
May I ask for what purpose you want to find out all this? I was also on the lookout once, because I wanted to open my own company and realized that I would not have time to monitor the serviceability of working programs in parallel. Therefore, I purchased Symfony SaaS under the leadership of one company. I am satisfied with their services.
Maybe you should also give up searching and just buy software from a new supplier?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 04:50:56 AM by milli_wW »