Author Topic: Contacts in compose view  (Read 3249 times)

Offline suamikim

Contacts in compose view
« on: March 03, 2016, 03:07:52 AM »
Hy there,

I'm looking for a way to only show contacts which actually have an associated e-mail-adress in the contacts pane on the left side when composing an e-mail.
Since I'm using a CardDAV-Plugin to keep my roundcube contacts in sync with those from my phone etc. I also have a lot of contacts which don't actually have an e-mail-adress associated with them. Obviously they add a lot of unnecessary "clutter" to the contacts list in compose mode.

First: Is there any way I've missed to realize just that (like a hidden setting or an already existing plugin)?

If not, I'd like to develop my own plugin. I've already started with a basic plugin and understand the core concept behind plugin development so far but have no idea an how to actually tackle the issue at hand.
I've already looked at the plugin hooks but can't find any which seems to serve my needs.

I'd really appreciate some support on this. I guess that I'm really just looking for some starting point...

Thanks & best regards

Ps.: I'm not quite sure if this is the right channel to ask questions about concrete plugin implementation issues but didn't find anything more appropriate by now. Please let me know if there's a better place for questions like this.

Offline alec

Re: Contacts in compose view
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 05:55:27 AM »
What Roundcube version? Are you talking about autocompletion or the contacts widget on left side?