Author Topic: Getting "Must issue a STARTTLS command first " when testing smtp config  (Read 3709 times)

Offline altiris

Hey guys I purposefully registered here to see if you guys can help me out! I have a Postfix + Dovecot + Spamassassin + Amavisd-new mail setup (using SSL so I do not use the 143 and 145 ports but rather 993 and 996) which I know works fine as Roundcubemail worked fine with this setup previous releases ago and my setup still works fine at this very moment on my Android device with the standard mail app.

Anyway, I am on the latest version of Roundcube ATM and I get past copying the config template from the installer and pasting it in confg/config.inc.php however when I try testing the config via the Test SMTP config I get this message
Code: [Select]
Failed to set sender 'username@MYDOMAIN.COM'. 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first (Code: 530)
I remember getting this error on the past releases and the way I mitigated around this was setting the SMTP server as "tls://mail.mydomain.com" with port 587. Though now it does not work, I have tried it with port 25 and I have also tried port 25 and 587 with ssl://mail.mydomain.com instead of tls:// 

Do you guys have any issue what I can do to troubleshoot this? I will provide my config.inc.php of course, http://pastebin.com/LWULywFY