Author Topic: Roundcube Webmail 1.2.0 released  (Read 14202 times)

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Roundcube Webmail 1.2.0 released
« on: May 22, 2016, 02:55:19 PM »
We proudly announce the stable version 1.2.0 of Roundcube Webmail which is now available for download. It introduces new features since version 1.1 covering security and PGP encryption topics:

• PHP7 compatibility
  • PGP encryption
  • Drag-n-drop attachments from mail preview to compose window
  • Mail messages searching with predefined date interval
  • Improved security measures to protect from brute-force attacks
  • And of course plenty of small improvements and bug fixes.

As already announced with the 1.2-beta release, PGP encryption comes in two flavours: client-side using the Mailvelope browser extension and server-side with the Enigma plugin using GnuPG on the server.

Support with the Mailvelope browser plugin comes out of the box and is automatically enabled if the Mailvelope API is detected in a user’s browser. The Mailvelope documentation explains how to enable it for your site.

The features of the Enigma plugin, which comes with the release package and simply needs to be activated for your Roundcube installation are explained in this blog post.

IMPORTANT: with this version, we finally deprecate some old Roundcube library functions. Please test your plugins thoroughly and look for deprecation warnings in the logs.

With the release of Roundcube 1.2.0, the previous stable release branches 1.0.x and 1.1.x will switch in to LTS low maintenance mode which means they will only receive important security updates but no longer any regular improvement updates.

See the complete Changelog in our wiki and download the new packages from roundcube.net/download.

Source: https://roundcube.net/news/2016/05/22/roundcube-webmail-1.2.0-released
Get it Now: https://roundcube.net/download

BrotherAndrew

Re: Roundcube Webmail 1.2.0 released
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 04:53:41 AM »
In 1.2.0, I Have public_(html/mail/program/js/tinymce/plugins/emoticons) the Same as I Had it in 1.1.5, but Emoticons Isn't showing up.  Any Suggestions?   8)

Offline alec

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 05:51:44 AM »
There's 'emoticons' plugin in 1.2 that need to be enabled and configured.

BrotherAndrew

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 01:37:05 AM »
Do I Now Need plugins/emoticons/img & plugins/emoticons/plugin.min.js & $config['plugins'] = array('emoticons'); ?  Having True / False for Emoticons with True by Default would be a Better Way!   :)

BrotherAndrew

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 02:34:48 PM »
I Still Don't have my Custom Animated Emoticons in the Compose area.  What are All of the Extra Steps that I Currently Need to Get Them Back?!   8)

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 04:04:50 AM »
I do not use emoticons but it looks like any other plugin and its shipped with Roundcube which makes it easier. So enable the emoticons plugin in your Roundcube config file by adding it to the `$config['plugins']` array. Then in the emoticons folder ([rc root]/plugins/emoticons) rename config.inc.php.dist to config.inc.php and set those config options how you want them and you should be done. You do not need to change anything in the tinymce folder of Roundcube.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

BrotherAndrew

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 08:31:53 PM »
I went ahead and did those New Extra Steps for Emoticons.  In the Config Area, True or False with True as Default is a Better Way for Emoticons!   :D

As far as I Know, All Big Brother Web Mail such as YahSpy, HotSpy, gSpy, All Include Emoticons!   8)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 09:07:29 PM by BrotherAndrew »

BrotherAndrew

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 12:32:38 AM »
After I did those Current Extra Steps, Emoticons was Active Again, but Now that's Not.  Any Clues as to Why?   8)

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 12:09:09 PM »
what has changed since it was working?

BrotherAndrew

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2016, 08:25:08 PM »
NO Changes in the Mail Directory.   8)

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2016, 02:12:09 AM »
What does that mean? What does your mail directory have to do with it?

You said it was working and then it wasn't. Something must have happened to stop it. So what have you changed on that server?

What about the Roundcube error log, is there anything in there?

No one can help when all the information is "it doesn't work". You need to post details, errors, anything.

BrotherAndrew

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2016, 11:26:54 PM »
NO Server Changes.  Editing in Different Directories.  The Original Way had No Problems.  I might be Off for the Weekend.   8)

BrotherAndrew

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2016, 06:02:11 PM »
Over a Month Ago, I Added Bigger & Better Animated Emoticons.  Please Change it to Emoticons True or False.  If people Don't Like Emoticons, they can Change it to False.   8)