Author Topic: User settings broken in chrome - V 0.7.1  (Read 3528 times)

Offline kpanic

User settings broken in chrome - V 0.7.1
« on: June 22, 2016, 03:37:37 PM »
I'm running a multidomain installation of roundcube, installed via ubuntu 12.0.xxxLTS repository.
I've done almost zero UI configuration, and have not touched anything recently.

Recently, the User Settings page breaks in chrome:
-Selection tabs ( preferences, folders, identities ) work.
-Left panel buttons (divs) are unclickable
-Right panel is blank except for watermark
-check boxes work on 'Folders' section, but not the full button.
-Left panel bottom buttons work ( create new folder, add identity )

Chrome's dev console is not reporting any errors, and there are no errors in the server logs.

It works PERFECT in Firefox, haven't tried any IE.

Anyone have an idea where to look?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: User settings broken in chrome - V 0.7.1
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 04:31:35 PM »
Don't install Roundcube from the Ubuntu repositories, the versions in there are EXTREMELY outdated (Roundcube version 0.7.1 was released on January 09 2012! Its not even the last version that was released in the 0.7.x line.) needless to say its not supported anymore and has many bugs and some security holes as well. The current version of Roundcube is 1.2.0, I would advice installing it directly from the packages published on the Roundcube site.

Offline kpanic

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 10:57:52 AM »
Thank you for replying.

I installed roundcube from repo because we wanted a low-maintenance drop-in solution that wouldn't turn into another development project. Roundcube is awesome!
To be honest, the one thing I don't like is how ubuntu decided to throw files all over the place. Maybe its time to bite the bullet.  :)

Is there an upgrade path? Or a migration doc? Its been actively used since ?2013?
How much has the database schema changed (we're using postgres )?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 11:04:55 AM by kpanic »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 02:59:09 PM »
I installed roundcube from repo because we wanted a low-maintenance drop-in solution that wouldn't turn into another development project.
It low-maintenance in the "it never gets updated" way ;) in later versions it was also packaged using incorrect versions of dependencies so it wouldn't even work out of the box.

Is there an upgrade path? Or a migration doc? Its been actively used since ?2013?
How much has the database schema changed (we're using postgres )?
It can but jumping that many versions your going to want to test it to make sure nothing breaks. I'd recommend making a copy of it and updating that to make sure there are no problems before updating the main system. Also if you use any plugins take note that they will also need to be updated separately. Here is the upgrade documentation: https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/wiki/Upgrade Take note of the "Updating from < 0.9 to 1.0 or higher" section, if I remember correctly Ubuntu did some funny stuff with the configs so its most likely best to start from scratch to make sure its correct.