Author Topic: Postfix with dovecot with roundcube sending and preferences issues.  (Read 2917 times)

Offline jimbo99

On Ubuntu 16.04 with postfix and Dovecot configured and working, with Roundcube installed, using Firefox, when I send an email Roundcube appears to be stuck at sending....  I can't get past the sending.... 

It appears that sometimes the messages do go through.  Even when they do I am still stuck at the "sending" until it finally times out.  If I attempt to refresh the page Firefox will warn me about leaving the page.

I'm able to receive and read messages.

When I go to settings (to set preferences) I can see the Settings and Section columns.  When I click on one of the choices in the Section column, such as user interface (any actually), I get a "loading" message with the spinning circle.  Nothing happens.  I can make another choice from Section and the same thing happens.

When I attempted to delete a couple messages that I received I get a warning about the trash folder missing.

Further, the "About" link pops up an empty About box.

I installed Roundcube directly from the Ubuntu 16.04 repository.  I've tested the servers with mail apps (Thunderbird and K-9) on both the Linux and Android. They have full functionality.

Any notions as to the cause and help would be appreciated.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Postfix with dovecot with roundcube sending and preferences issues.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 09:12:33 PM »
Well first I'd recommend installing Roundcube directly, the versions in the disto repos are typically out dated and/or broken. For example it looks like the 16.04 repository has Roundcube 1.2 beta, the 1.2 stable was released in May and there for the beta shouldn't be used anymore.

Secondly look at the JS console log in your browser and see if there are any errors.