Author Topic: Sent Folder Sync not Working across multiple Roundcube accounts  (Read 2695 times)

Offline Shimmer

Hi,

I have tried finding a solution on Google but have not come across the same challenge.

I have just set up 7 email accounts on a hosted server and am using RoundCube as the email programme. There are a few reason for this, firstly, trying to add these accounts to gmail or outlook.com does not allow regular enough checking for mail.

Using an email client like MS Moutlook or Windows Live is not as option as it doesnt offer enough flexability (transport company).

So basically what I have set up is seven emails:

{name1}@{domain.co.uk}
{name2}@{domain.co.uk}
{name3}@{domain.co.uk}
{name4}@{domain.co.uk}
{name5}@{domain.co.uk}
{dept1}@{domain.co.uk}
{dept2}@{domain.co.uk}

I need dept1 to be able to send and receive from name 1, 2 and 3.
I need dept2 to be able to send and receive from name 4 and 5.

I have  everything workingn by adding the relevent dept emails to the relevant name emails via Identities in RoundCube.

All accounts can send receive as they should.

My only challenge is that the Sent folders are not syncing for the dept email accounts.

As I said, this is all set up via Hosting so I have no script/editing capabilities of the actual Roundcube system files.

What I need to know, should this work, I would think so in this day and age. I wonder if I am missing a setting somewhere.

Thanks

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Sent Folder Sync not Working across multiple Roundcube accounts
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 06:58:23 PM »
There isn't really any simple way to do what you want, IMAP isn't really built to work across accounts like that. The simplest way to accomplish what you want would be a shared folder but in that case name 1,2,3 could could all see the mail they send to each other. Otherwise could probably make a plugin that would manually add copies of the email to each account which wouldn't have the same drawback but would take more effort. Either way with just a hosting account you probably can't do either method.

Offline Shimmer

Re: Sent Folder Sync not Working across multiple Roundcube accounts
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 07:41:38 PM »
Hi SKaero,

thanks for the reply. I kind of thought as much. The main thing is that the email are received so they can be acted upon instantly. As the needed names can see them, I am happy. To reply, they will have to log out/in of the accounts to keep all the dept email together and all the name emails seperate.

Again, thank you for the answer. I did think it was a little to much to ask and I also did wonder about the name emails in the same sent folder.