Author Topic: [SOLVED] Composer installs plugins, but they are not installed in Roundcube  (Read 5548 times)

Offline freeland

Hello, everyone

I tried to install some roundcube plugins. When I describe them in composer.json and config.inc.php in the roundcube root directory and install them with:
Code: [Select]
php composer.phar install everything seems to be installed without any error in the terminal and every of the installed plugins are in /usr/share/roundcube/plugins. But when opening test e-mail account /settings/preferences/about I could see only the password plugin, archive, filesystem_attachments, jqueryui and zipdownload, that are installed before with:
apt-get install roundcube-plugins.

The system is Debian Jessie, Roundcube Webmail 1.1.5, PHP 5.6.26, mysql Ver. 15.1 Distrib 10.0.27-MariaDB, Apache 2.4.10. The plugins I tried were the following: emoticons, login_history, managesieve, newmail_notifier, rcguard.

Do you have any guess why the above plugins are not visible in Roundcube and accordingly they do not function there?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 04:19:40 PM by freeland »

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Composer installs plugins, but they are not installed in Roundcube
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 04:43:41 AM »
i don't know very much about the debian package version of roundcube or about composer but I think debian moves the config away from their default location. may be they have not set it up correctly so that composer can see the new config files and update them with the plugin information?
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline alec

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 05:48:05 AM »
When I describe them in composer.json and config.inc.php in the roundcube root directory
Config file should not be placed in root directory.

Offline freeland

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 04:18:52 PM »
Thank you, thank you, thank you, my friends!  :)

After:
sudo find / -name config.inc.php
I found another one in different Rc directory - /etc/roundcube and then finished successfully the installation steps, except that I can't only see login_history and rcguard plugins, but most important to me.

Cheers!

Offline freeland

Finally I found my problem with the plugins (probably only in Debian).

After the manual install (or php composer.phar install) and:
nano /etc/roundcube/config.inc.php

and adding under the line of the last plugin:
'drcaptcha'

the last important installation step was to create a symlink of the plugin source directory to /var/lib/roundcube/plugins/:
ln -s /usr/share/roundcube/plugins/drcaptcha/ /var/lib/roundcube/plugins/

Now it appears in /settings/preferences/about and works! I could not activate last_login and rcguard,
although they were symlinked and appeared in /settings/preferences/about (in classic interface).