Author Topic: Deceptive site ahead  (Read 7448 times)

Offline zorenleolumosbog

Deceptive site ahead
« on: December 02, 2016, 07:48:05 PM »
Why my roundcube site was being detected as a "Deceptive site ahead" from latest version of browser like google chrome and firefox?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Deceptive site ahead
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 10:36:15 PM »
The problem most likely isn't directly related to Roundcube, it could be something else on the domain. You maybe able to check http://www.phishtank.com/to see why the error is coming up.

Offline zorenleolumosbog

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 10:55:55 PM »
It says some pages on e-mail.smctgroup.com contain deceptive content right now.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 01:04:20 AM »
Hmm, that error seems to be from Google only and I can't find much in the way of information on how they come up with the warning. I'd recommend signing up for Google webmaster https://www.google.com/intl/en/webmasters/ which should then allow you to submit the site for review to clear the warning.

Offline zorenleolumosbog

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 01:14:36 AM »
Well actually this is not only on Google but also in Firefox has an issued that I've encountered. What do you think is this because my Roundcube version is outdated? I have the version of 1.0.3. What do you think?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 02:21:09 PM »
FireFox checks with Google services to check for deceptive sites. Having an outdated version of Roundcube wouldn't trigger the warning. My guess is that someone who sends usage data to Google got a spam message in Roundcube that triggered the warning.

While I would recommend updating Roundcube doing that alone wont fix the error, you need to get Google to remove the site from the deceptive site listings.