Author Topic: Not sending nor recieving emails  (Read 3639 times)

Offline labelle

Not sending nor recieving emails
« on: January 17, 2017, 07:11:24 AM »
Hi all

Been using Roundcube for 4 years now and since a few days ago it won't let me send nor recieve any mail

This is the code I got when trying to send myself an email

:SMTP Error (550): Failed to add recipient "info@labellehairsalon.co.uk" (5.1.8 <info@labellehairsalon.co.uk>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found).

Any clues?

Offline alec

Re: Not sending nor recieving emails
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 07:14:13 AM »
The SMTP server couldn't find the recipient domain. So, you made a typo or there are DNS issues on the server ot the domain really does not exist. Not Roundcube issue.

Offline labelle

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 07:19:20 AM »
Thanks for you reply. I'm not very tech savy when it comes to technical terms so please bear with me.

I could see it being a typo if it was when I tried to send an email but I can't recieve them either. So if it was DNS? is that something to do with our network and should therefore work on a laptop outside of the network?

Offline alec

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 08:52:42 AM »
This is not Roundcube issue. This is server issue, so ask your administrator/hosting provider.

Offline alec

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 08:54:33 AM »
Oh, and sorry, the error is "Sender address rejected", so not recipient, but sender. Which means that if the domain name is endeed correct this is most likely a server configuration issue.