Author Topic: first impression so far  (Read 6948 times)

Offline markg85

first impression so far
« on: July 31, 2006, 11:00:55 PM »
Hey,

1st. i live in the netherlands and the current time here is 4.48 AM and i`m having a hard time keeping my eyes open :P so if there are any letters missing in words or some stronge combinations.. it`s the time ;)

about this wonderfull eye candy script :)
the first thing that i noticed it the simplicity of the login screen.. it`s simply and good but i miss one thing.. behind the user name there should be (in my opinion) @domain.tld that makes the login screen complete for me :)

Second thing i noticed (i downloaded the latest svn.. at the time of this writing it is: Revision 288) is that there are a few builds here with tinymce in it BUT not in the latest revision.. why?

Third thing is kinda funny.. i got the dovecot server running for imap and such and when i send an mail to myself the script gives a nice error that the mail can`t be recieved... and when i look in my inbox the mail is there :)

Fourth thing is when i want to send a mail i`m also missing the domain.tld is the sender drop down box...

Fifth thing is a feature suggestion.. in gmail all the adresses you used are stored as contacts and when you type a address the field pops up and auto fills... (don`t get what i mean? open gmail) i think it would be cool if that get in it to..

sixth thing is that the errors are showing up in the middle top screen (i`m using opera) i think it`s best to have them in the middle of the middle or in the lower left/right corner but not the current place.

seventh... alse a feature request based on gmail... with gmail when you send a message to yourself you see a new message in your inbox in a instand.. with this script you first need to go to your inbox to see if there are new messages (should be like it but the gmail thing is cool :)) so i think this is worth to be added aswell..

Did i noticed more things.. yea but i`m gonna sleep now :)
Good job developer(s) :D continue the wonderfull job pleace and keep this script GPL :)

Reload

Re: first impression so far
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 06:12:04 AM »
Quote from: markg85
Hey,

1st. i live in the netherlands and the current time here is 4.48 AM and i`m having a hard time keeping my eyes open :P so if there are any letters missing in words or some stronge combinations.. it`s the time ;)

Hallo, en welkom  ;)

about this wonderfull eye candy script :)
the first thing that i noticed it the simplicity of the login screen.. it`s simply and good but i miss one thing.. behind the user name there should be (in my opinion) @domain.tld that makes the login screen complete for me :)

There are people who are using a @domain.tld (check this: http://roundcubeforum.net/index.php?topic=212.0) but for me the login screen is just fine...

Second thing i noticed (i downloaded the latest svn.. at the time of this writing it is: Revision 288) is that there are a few builds here with tinymce in it BUT not in the latest revision.. why?

Some people a developing a extra add-on for Roundcube, there adding extra code to the svn release to make there add-on working.
So there always a bit behind the SVN release...

Third thing is kinda funny.. i got the dovecot server running for imap and such and when i send an mail to myself the script gives a nice error that the mail can`t be recieved... and when i look in my inbox the mail is there :)

Look at the error log and make a ticket at the trac system so the dev. team can take a look at it...

Fourth thing is when i want to send a mail i`m also missing the domain.tld is the sender drop down box...

You can make different Indentities from within Personal Settings.

Fifth thing is a feature suggestion.. in gmail all the adresses you used are stored as contacts and when you type a address the field pops up and auto fills... (don`t get what i mean? open gmail) i think it would be cool if that get in it to..

If you ad a contact to the Address Book RC will display them when you type a address within the Recipient box...
The difference with Gmail is that you have to manualy ad a contact to the address book (use the  + )

sixth thing is that the errors are showing up in the middle top screen (i`m using opera) i think it`s best to have them in the middle of the middle or in the lower left/right corner but not the current place.

When you would use IE the errors are displayed in the middle on top...

seventh... alse a feature request based on gmail... with gmail when you send a message to yourself you see a new message in your inbox in a instand.. with this script you first need to go to your inbox to see if there are new messages (should be like it but the gmail thing is cool :)) so i think this is worth to be added aswell..

When you send a e-mail to yourself (?) RC will display it in the Inbox when RC refreshes the page...

Did i noticed more things.. yea but i`m gonna sleep now :)
Good job developer(s) :D continue the wonderfull job pleace and keep this script GPL :)

Offline markg85

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 07:25:56 AM »
i`m mailing to myself to test the system :P

another thing i noticed... why the double clicking :S make it one click only :)

and for the WYSIWYG editor... shouldn`t it be included in the svn`s for the next release?

*dutch - en leuk om te zien dat een ontwikkelar nederlands is :)

Reload

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 02:26:17 PM »
*dutch... Sorry, maar verder dan testen kom ik nog niet... AJAX als programeer taal is toch echt anders dan php...