Author Topic: Performance Scaling/ Maximum Users  (Read 3733 times)

Offline dbrossard

Performance Scaling/ Maximum Users
« on: December 19, 2007, 01:50:55 PM »
I really love RoundCube. It is heads and shoulders over everything else I have ever tried.

I would really like to use it in an Enterprise environment as well but I need some numbers first.
I currently just have a dinky Celeron d 2.4 Ghz with 1.5 G of memory running on a commodity SATA drive. I only have a couple users.

Has anyone tried any performance scaling with Roundcube? Since its PHP and MYSQL I assumes its really dependent on the backend hardware. But I would be interested in hearing any real life usage numbers from people out there.

What is the highest number of total users on your system? What do you use for Auth?
What is the most number of concurrent users you have seen?
What hardware were you running this on?

Is there any suggested performance testing? Is there a testing suite for RoundCube available or in the works?

Thanks in advance to all who reply

Offline road

Re: Performance Scaling/ Maximum Users
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 07:18:34 PM »
Roundcube is an ajax program and your server really does not make that much of a difference. If your IMAP is fast (and it does not take much), apache is fast, and you have enough bandwidth, the end users computer speed will be the big problem. Roundcube is a dog on old machines like PII 300's with 256 megs from my experience.