Author Topic: inbox empties after forwarding to gmail  (Read 5194 times)

Offline jgress

inbox empties after forwarding to gmail
« on: February 24, 2017, 04:52:19 PM »
My work uses Roundcube for its email and I had set up my personal Gmail account to check my work email through POP3. However, the problem is that, after Gmail checks my webmail inbox, the inbox is emptied. The messages don't even go to Trash; they're just gone. Also, since there is a delay in getting my work emails through Gmail, I decided to cancel forwarding and just use webmail, but even after deleting my webmail address from Gmail it keeps checking webmail, forwarding those mails to my Gmail inbox and then roundcube continues to empty my inbox after this takes place. I'm not sure what to do now!

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: inbox empties after forwarding to gmail
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 04:53:49 PM »
Roundcube doesn't support POP3 you need to look elsewhere to find where the emails are being deleted.

Offline jgress

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 05:03:21 PM »
Oh ok. Well somehow the emails were being forwarded and I thought I remember my Gmail settings telling me it was POP3 but I deleted the address from the list of accounts that I wanted gmail to import from so I can't check now.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 03:45:48 AM »
It may have been, Gmail would have been talking directly to your mail server which most likely does support POP3. However Roundcube is just an email client and it only support IMAP. Roundcube simply shows you the emails that are on the mail server, it wont do any background tasks like forwarding of emails.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 04:17:15 AM »
I would think there will be an option in gmail when you add external accounts to leave a copy of the message on the server
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦