Author Topic: SVN installation under CPanel based hosting ??  (Read 7537 times)

Offline Choto Cheeta

SVN installation under CPanel based hosting ??
« on: December 23, 2007, 12:59:02 PM »
Hello,

I want to install the SVN release under a CPanel based hosting.. I have previouslly installed the SVN under DreamHost with out any issue... However recently I have got another hosting account (Reseller) from a place which provides CPanel / WHM...

I want to install the RoundCube SVN under one domain, hosting panel is CPanel..

I uploaded all files under mail directory at the public_html and did the changes at db.in.php and main.inc.php under config dir...

however problem no 1 is when ever I tried to open domain.com/mail, it came up with Error 500...

problem no 2 if I disable the .HTACCESS file (by rename it to some thing else), I get error

DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!

Unable to connect to the database!
Please contact your server-administrator.

I have double checked all settings at db.inc.php, to me seems ok... but still this error...

Can any one tell me, whether SVN can be installed in a CPanel hosting ??

Thank you...

Offline flosoft

• http://flosoft.biz
Re: SVN installation under CPanel based hosting ??
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 06:03:44 AM »
Could you paste your configuration files?

Offline roger

Re: SVN installation under CPanel based hosting ??
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 11:22:40 AM »
I had a similar problem installing on a CPanel/WHM host but the only line that mattered - at least for me - was $rcmail_config['db_dsnw'] in db.inc.php. I didn't need to change anything else (apart from removing the '.dist', of course).

I was going to explain exactly what I did but found it had already been covered here:

http://roundcubeforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=2537.0

The important thing is to get the MySQL database and user names correct. On shared hosting these are prefixed with your CPanel login name, e.g. if your login name is 'tom' and you create a database called 'dick' with user 'harry' they'll be called 'tom_dick' and 'tom_harry' respectively.