Author Topic: Roundcube Installation (When logging in on local machine says cant connect to DB  (Read 4286 times)

Offline chasterMTNskiier

Hello I first must say please go easy on me as I am new and by new I mean I have only been using linux for a month so please if I'm stupid I know :P...Anyways straight to the point I am running the latest version of roundcube on a linux ubuntu server with mysql for databases and whenever I login into the roundcube (Webmail) server it gives me an error message of "Connection to storage server failed" and I don't know how to fix it, now I cant check the logs because I'm a noob when it comes to Linux in general so if people need that or can give me direct instructions that would be great. Thanks!
- Chase
If you need anymore information please let me know down below and if it requires me to go somewhere in the file system please let me know how to do so please :P

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
"Connection to storage server failed" means Roundcube can't connect to the IMAP server not that it can't connect to the Database. Check your mail server information.

Offline rm13

You could enable the Roundcube debug logs, check the documentation, to see what it is logging for IMAP connections.

Does your email server work without roundcube? With Thunderbird for instance. Or via telnet to SMTP and IMAP ports.

Offline chasterMTNskiier

How would I enable the roundcube debug because right now I dont even know how to get to the logs
Also I figured out what was wrong with the failed to connect to storage server and now it works but now everytime I try to login to the mail server it gives me a Failed to Login thing...if you can tell me how to fix that then I might acually be able to use roundcube finally

Offline rm13

Your OS may provide a package that is simpler to get up and running.

Otherwise start with the readme file. That will point you to an INSTALL file.

The INSTALL file introduces you to the defaults.inc.php and config.inc.php files

The defaults.inc.php has the config lines and instructions to put into your config.inc.php

Offline chasterMTNskiier

Is it possible that a user was never created...If so can you tell me how to create a user that has administrative privileges if there isnt any "Admin user" then thats fine just tell me how to create a user

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Roundcube connects to a mail server, you need to create a user on the mail server before you can login.