Author Topic: How do you send multiple emails to a whole folder?  (Read 3911 times)

Offline Ggasga

How do you send multiple emails to a whole folder?
« on: March 15, 2017, 09:40:30 PM »
Hi. I am not sure if this would be a plugin or not but I am looking for a way to send the same email message to a whole folder. I have a separate folder with certain emails there. I would like a way to reply to them all at once, but I do not want the other recipients to see the email address of the other recipients. Is there a way to do this?

Offline rm13

Re: How do you send multiple emails to a whole folder?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 05:19:50 PM »
Not aware of any plugin or built in option to do that.

Add the addresses all to a group and send to the group as a bcc. Depending on the number of recipients either your email server or the recipient may block or flag your message as spam (bcc gets higher ratings as spam typically). May want to look into a mailing list software or service e.g. Mailchimp

Well if you have some programming experience you _could_ parse out the emails in that particular folder with the likes of Perl or PHP (or grep) and hack something together to send individual emails instead of the bcc.

Offline Ggasga

Re: How do you send multiple emails to a whole folder?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 11:01:31 PM »
I do not think there is an easy way to automatically add all of these emails addresses to a group. I have 600 emails in this folder so it would take a long time to add each address manually to a group.

Are there any programmers for hire that do some custom work for me?

Not aware of any plugin or built in option to do that.

Add the addresses all to a group and send to the group as a bcc. Depending on the number of recipients either your email server or the recipient may block or flag your message as spam (bcc gets higher ratings as spam typically). May want to look into a mailing list software or service e.g. Mailchimp

Well if you have some programming experience you _could_ parse out the emails in that particular folder with the likes of Perl or PHP (or grep) and hack something together to send individual emails instead of the bcc.