Author Topic: Help! Could receive emails but not send and then everything dissapeared  (Read 2330 times)

Offline Ricbkk

Hi guys

First of all I am sorry to say that I am not tech savvy. But I do need a bit of advice.  My web designer set up our company email using roundcube.  in the past there have been some bugs but nothing major.  However, recently we could receive emails fine but whenever we went to send an email it said that we have sent too many emails and would not let us send any.  instead it states SMTP Error 550 Richard@xxxxxxx has sent too many emails and that happened to all my staff on  the same day.  Now I have just looked at my email and all the folders have disappeared along with all the emails in the in box, sent and draft email folders.

Unfortunately I cannot contact the web designer as their company has already gone bust.  Does anybody here know what might have happened also if I transferred my entire domain across to network solutions would I also be able to transfer my email accounts keeping the original email addresses to the network solution email service?

I own the name of the domain.  However the web designer holds the passwords etc to dashboard of my website and as far as I know the administration password of my roundcube accounts.

Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ric

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
My web designer set up our company email using roundcube.  in the past there have been some bugs but nothing major.  However, recently we could receive emails fine but whenever we went to send an email it said that we have sent too many emails and would not let us send any.  instead it states SMTP Error 550 Richard@xxxxxxx has sent too many emails and that happened to all my staff on  the same day.  Now I have just looked at my email and all the folders have disappeared along with all the emails in the in box, sent and draft email folders.
As a end user there isn't much you can do you'd have to be able to contact the host and ask them to fix the problem.

Unfortunately I cannot contact the web designer as their company has already gone bust.  Does anybody here know what might have happened also if I transferred my entire domain across to network solutions would I also be able to transfer my email accounts keeping the original email addresses to the network solution email service?
If you control the domain you can point it to any other host. You'd be able to setup email accounts that matched the existing ones.