Author Topic: Squirrelmail to Roundcube Importer Script  (Read 7783 times)

Offline defunct

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
Squirrelmail to Roundcube Importer Script
« on: December 22, 2006, 04:04:16 PM »
This script takes the squirrelmail pref files users created in squirrelmail and imports that data into your roundcube database populating both the user preferences and their address books. This file is run outside of roundcube.

Download: http://www.thinkwebmedia.com/roundcube/rc.tar.gz

Edit the script with the proper information and load it in your browser.

I wrote it for my Direct Admin box but let me know if you have success on other machines and environments.


Offline mrjaguar

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 16
Re: Squirrelmail to Roundcube Importer Script
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 04:22:48 AM »
Hi,
 do you have any intentions of porting/changing this to import from an sqmail DB?
thanks.

Offline Chadi

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 22
Re: Squirrelmail to Roundcube Importer Script
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 09:46:32 AM »
I ran this but it just got stuck on



Importing Users...

Importing Address books...


Any ideas?
Talk Jesus [ Awesome Facts ]

Offline defunct

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
Re: Squirrelmail to Roundcube Importer Script
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 05:19:33 AM »
@mrjaguar: Seeing as I have no boxes that run sqmail DB, no I will not be porting it.

@Chadi: It appears to be starting the loop but not finishing it. Ensure the script has permission to read the pref files and you have entered the proper mysql information

Offline mrjaguar

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 16
Re: Squirrelmail to Roundcube Importer Script
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 02:55:23 AM »
Quote from: defunct
@mrjaguar: Seeing as I have no boxes that run sqmail DB, no I will not be porting it.

@Chadi: It appears to be starting the loop but not finishing it. Ensure the script has permission to read the pref files and you have entered the proper mysql information

no worries.. I figured it out. thanks.

Offline Shepherdzw

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
Re: Squirrelmail to Roundcube Importer Script
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 09:37:14 AM »
I am new to round cube....

Are you using qmail as your mta ? I want to start an experiment and probably implement round cube on my mail servers on the internet...

Can you shade some experience on the subject

Regards,

shepherdzw@gmail.com

Offline nelgin

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 12
Re: Squirrelmail to Roundcube Importer Script
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 09:02:32 PM »
Quote from: Shepherdzw
I am new to round cube....

Are you using qmail as your mta ? I want to start an experiment and probably implement round cube on my mail servers on the internet...

Can you shade some experience on the subject

Regards,

shepherdzw@gmail.com

I am using qmail-toaster and Roundcube works perfectly. Mandriva have a roundcube package that installs without a problem. As long as you have a working imap server it should work fine.

Though it'd be nice if it would work directly with maildir type folders, that's another discussion.

Offline Chebe

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5
Squirrelmail to Roundcube Importer Script
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 10:26:24 PM »
Is there a way to get this script as the original link gives a 404 !
Thanks

Offline vtzan

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
Squirrelmail to Roundcube Importer Script
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 03:31:10 AM »
Dear friend,

I think that it would be great for lots of roundcube users to re-upload this script.
Or at least someone that has it.

thanks alot


Quote from: defunct;4534
This script takes the squirrelmail pref files users created in squirrelmail and imports that data into your roundcube database populating both the user preferences and their address books. This file is run outside of roundcube.

Download: http://www.thinkwebmedia.com/roundcube/rc.tar.gz

Edit the script with the proper information and load it in your browser.

I wrote it for my Direct Admin box but let me know if you have success on other machines and environments.