Author Topic: Login with username + password and (theoretically) multiple imap/smtp accounts  (Read 8750 times)

Offline rmbl

This is only a Proof of Concept at the moment!

Hi,

I hacked around with roundcube over the holidays because I don't like the current login system with email/login + password for each server, and tried to change the login to a (standard) username + password one. Because of the changed SQL format I used there is also the possibility to add several imap/smtp accounts to a single user.
At the moment, this is only a small proof of concept without any helping administration functions. So if you want to add a user or an email account you need to do this by hand (through phpmyadmin or raw sql). Adding such tools is the next item on my to-do list.

So why do i even post this in such an early state?
I am only using rc since a week and haven't done much php stuff in the last year (and not much before that :D). Because of that i am happy if anyone is taking a look at my code and can give me tipps or help me fix a bug.

And how can i test it (aka install it)?
The .zip attachment contains a patch file and a SQL file. The patch contains all changes to the roundcube code (SVN r944) and the SQL file is a changed version of mysql5.initial.sql (mysql5 is the only sql i currently got installed so i am only supplying this file). The probably best thing is to use a fresh installation of roundcube, patch it and create a new database with the sql file.

Updates:

v2:
- Fixed several display bugs
- Fixed folder settings (didn't display correctly because no imap connection could be established)
- Added Email account settings dialog to the Personal Settings menu
- Added some custom translation strings (only to the en_US translation atm)

Offline udi111

This is exactly what I need!
thx

Offline francesco_r

I have patched my roundcube installation with this patch and works well, i can login using the user created with phpmyadmin, and i have also created an imap account to this user. How can i add other imap accounts to the same user?
Thank you

Offline rmbl

This is currently not implemented because i havent got that much time lately. But i might work on this in the next week as i got some free days.

Offline francesco_r

OK, thank you for your work.

Offline jp2k

I'm currently fiddling around with a account switcher, based on "Display Imap User". I'll post the results as soon as it's finished ...

Offline dante33

So finally, is anybody success to use a virtual user to log on several imap servers ?