Author Topic: Auto respond function does not work  (Read 7698 times)

Offline clare gilmour

Auto respond function does not work
« on: April 13, 2017, 01:19:38 PM »
We use Roundcube email addresses for our Wordpress domain registered with ghandi.net. We are trying to set up an 'auto respond' message but cannot make it work. I have read up how to do it here:
https://www.targetintegration.com/knowledgement/general/software/open-source/how-to-setup-an-out-of-office-reply-on-roundcube
but the screen shots shown do not look the same as on our account. There is not a 'Filters' option for example. There is a menu item under settings called 'Responses' and I have used this to create one called 'Auto response' and entered some text in the 'Response text' field. However, if I send a message to the account no response comes back.

Can someone advise what we should do to make it work?

Offline alec

Re: Auto respond function does not work
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 01:59:15 PM »
Responses are saved text snippets that you can use when composing an email. It is not auto-responder (vacation) feature. Most common way of implementing auto-responder is using managesieve feature, but this requires support in IMAP server and a plugin for Roundcube.

Offline clare gilmour

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 03:24:41 PM »
Thank you Alec. Can you possibly spell out a bit more what I need to do. I am afraid I don't understand what you mean by the managesieve feature. How do I add the necessary plugin? If there is somewhere I can read about how to do this please can you point me in the right direction?

Offline rm13

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 05:38:42 PM »
The IMAP server will need support for sieve. Looks like you would want to check with ghandi.net or whoever your email server is to see if they support it.

Did you install Roundcube? If so, then in Roundcube you would need to configure the managesieve plugin. After verifying if the server supports it, and you may need some port numbers and such.

If you did not install Roundcube then go to the Roundcube About menu it should show a list of installed plugins, if it is not there you probably need to check with your website host to see what is possible.

Offline clare gilmour

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 05:57:14 AM »
I didn't install Roundcube - it came with the Gandi domain. I have looked on the About menu and the managesieve plugin is not there. I'll get in touch with Gandi and see if they can help.
Many thanks for your help.