Author Topic: Message sent but Roundcube times out thinking it hasn't.  (Read 2234 times)

Offline lmnop

Message sent but Roundcube times out thinking it hasn't.
« on: April 27, 2017, 07:26:42 PM »

Greetings,

When sending a message, Roundcube times out with an error.

Watching the mail server logs I can see the message being sent fine (instantly), and it appears in the target email box, but Roundcube sits with "sending message" notification showing, then times out with the "An error occurred - request time out" popup.

When leaving the message edit screen by clicking the "Mail" button, "Message has not been sent. Do you want to discard the message?" popup appears.

Going to the Inbox folder shows the "has been replied to" icon.

When I go to the "sent" folder, the message shows up there, so the IMAP server knows it has been sent OK?

So why is roundcube timing out?

A bit of background, I set up Roundcube to get my wife away from those "free but not really free" webmail services. I struck the TLS self-signed cert problem, unsuccessfully messing around with php.ini settings for hours until I found a post regarding using $config['smtp_conn_options'] in Roundcube's config.inc.php.

Perhaps the required $config['smtp_conn_options'] entry could be put in the default config.inc.php, commented out with a "try this if you're having TLS connection problems"

Thanks,

Andy