Author Topic: Roundcube on Fedora25 Does Not Recognize Mariadb  (Read 3955 times)

Offline ncswi

Roundcube on Fedora25 Does Not Recognize Mariadb
« on: June 09, 2017, 01:54:47 PM »
Hi folks,

New to this board, but life long Linux guy.

Built a new Fedora Core25 mailserver for my company.  Around 300 email accounts.  I noticed in this new distribution of Fedora, all the MySQL packages have been named to Mariadb.  Thus, it appears, roundcube does not find a MySQL installation.  When I begin the installation process, roundcube does not recognize the MySQL installation.

Has anyone run into this yet and what recommendations do you have? Is there a mod I can make to the configuration file?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Roundcube on Fedora25 Does Not Recognize Mariadb
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 01:59:50 PM »
Mariadb is a fork of MySQL there not the same thing. That said I don't see any reason why Roundcube wouldn't work with it, you should be able to contact to it with the mysql setting.

Offline ncswi

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 04:50:42 PM »
Yup, I get it.  I've been using MySQL and Mariadb for many years.  But roundcube does not recognize mysql, starting with Fedora25.  I just tested a barebones rebuild of Fedora25 and it has the same issue with the latest build of roundcube.

If you use previous versions of Fedora, and rpm -qa | grep -i mysql, there are still packages identified as mysql.  However, on this latest build of Fedora(25) rpm -qa | grep -i mysql returns nothing.  Everything is now identified as Mariadb.  This must be their final fork over to Mariadb.

None the less, this is an issue for roundcube (and many other venders that are looking for mysql packages to verify dependencies.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 05:43:33 PM »
Do you have the php pdo and php mysql drivers installed?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 02:07:14 AM »
None the less, this is an issue for roundcube (and many other venders that are looking for mysql packages to verify dependencies.

Are you talking about a dependency thrown up by Roundcube installer or by the Fedora package installer? If its the latter then you need to ask the package maintainers about it, the RC devs do not make any packages for specific OSs.

Also there was a small fix for Mariadb in roundcube git-master see https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/issues/5774 but that has nothing to do with the installer.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline ncswi

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 03:30:50 PM »
Yes. php-pdo is installed.  At this point I'm not sure if it's a Fedora issue or a RC issue.  I'm leaning toward RC because I have now tested this on three barebone installs of F25 with the results repeatable. I am using the latest stable download from RC site.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 04:00:37 PM »
What about php-mysql?