Author Topic: Problem with folders  (Read 5308 times)

Offline Kaboon

Problem with folders
« on: January 08, 2008, 06:34:35 AM »
Hello all,

I'm not sure where to put this but I've got a question about folder listing within Roundcube. This problem exists since the build I've start using Roundcube (around v0.1b or something) until the latest public build (v0.1-RC2).

The problem is that Roundcube refuses to load the folder list on my (shared)server due to php.ini settings (memory_limit = 8M). The server is powered by Ensim, PHP 5.0.4 and MySQL 4 setup. I am in the position to change the server settings and I tried increasing the memory_limit (I took it over 64M) but that failed.

Another thing I tried was installing Roundcube on another shared server with the same configuration. And by taking up the memory_limit for that site (to 32M) made it work. It turns out that Roundcube tries to load all the folder, sub-folders and files within the site (even from parent directories). And since I've got quite a large Gallery (600MB and tons of directories) on my own site and the other site is just an empty OSCommerce installation, I suspect that the amount of folders is causing the problem. I haven't bother to make a study of the code yet, but before I do I was wondering if there are more people with this problem and in which direction I should look for a solution.

The exact error might help too so here it is: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4864 bytes) in /var/www/html/webmail/program/include/rcube_shared.inc(187) : eval()'d code on line 1

I'm wondering if someone has a solution to this "problem".

- Kaboon