Author Topic: Spell Check  (Read 5285 times)

Offline bdushok

Spell Check
« on: October 12, 2017, 01:43:57 PM »
I've just installed RoundCube and am just getting familiar with the interface.   Everything appears to be working except the spell check.   When I click the spell checking button "Checking..." appears for about a second in the lower right of the screen then disappears.  I've checked the spell check button when I was in the process of composing a message with intentional spelling errors, so it should report a problem.

I built my copy of PHP from source and have the pspell and enchant modules enabled.   I've tried both and have encountered the same result with either.   No errors appear in the log.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what may be wrong?

Thanks,
Bob

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Spell Check
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 07:50:38 PM »
Have you set the spellcheck engine in the config.inc.php? By default it is set up use a Roundcube api to check spelling.
Code: [Select]
// Set the spell checking engine. Possible values:
// - 'googie'  - the default (also used for connecting to Nox Spell Server, see 'spellcheck_uri' setting)
// - 'pspell'  - requires the PHP Pspell module and aspell installed
// - 'enchant' - requires the PHP Enchant module
// - 'atd'     - install your own After the Deadline server or check with the people at http://www.afterthedeadline.com before using their API
// Since Google shut down their public spell checking service, the default settings
// connect to http://spell.roundcube.net which is a hosted service provided by Roundcube.
// You can connect to any other googie-compliant service by setting 'spellcheck_uri' accordingly.
$config['spellcheck_engine'] = 'googie';

Offline bdushok

Re: Spell Check
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 07:52:47 AM »
Yes, I've tried changing it to both pspell and enchant (both are compiled into my copy of PHP).   Both of these settings result in the same problem.   I've tried Google (the default) and found the same behavior.   With the setting set to Google I receive a certificate error in the Roundcube logs.   Setting to pspell or enchant return in no errors appearing in my log.

Thanks,
Bob