Author Topic: Russian characters and attachements problem  (Read 5169 times)

Offline tensor

Russian characters and attachements problem
« on: January 10, 2008, 02:13:13 PM »
Hello,

1) I have a problem with Russian characters in attachement names. If I upload attachement into the message, they are shown with correct characters. After I hit "Send the message now", the messages is sent and a copy goes to the outbox. In the Sent folder the attachment is shown as ".txt" instead of "abc.txt" where abc are Russian characters. The recipient gets the same trimmed attachment name. The body of the attachement is transferred OK. I have looked into the raw message and indeed the message contains the bare ".txt" attachment filename.
Interestingly that if the filename is of the form "XabcX.txt" where X are latin and abc are Russian the name is not stripped and everything works as expected.

2) Also, there is a problem when attaching plain txt files. In RC it is impossible to download them as individual files, they are shown inline. Also, the codepage (for Russian Characters) is chosen incorrectly for inline display.

I have tested this in Firefox 2.0 and IE7 on Windows Server 2003 (think Windows XP). And the email client was Thunderbird 2.0. RC is 0.1-rc2

I can provide whatever details needed to hunt down these issues. It is always reproducible for me.