Author Topic: Installing dev version of Elastic skin  (Read 12409 times)

Offline ElasticUser

Installing dev version of Elastic skin
« on: November 22, 2017, 12:39:17 AM »
I installed a new install of roundcube, uploaded elastic-master,  and changed the default theme in the config area to elastic-master.  Before making elastic-master the default theme, Larry loaded fine, but the elastic-master theme views with a broken looking template.  how do I get elastic-master to view / load properly?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Installing dev version of Elastic skin
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 05:19:40 AM »
Moderators note: I moved this post to its own topic. It was orignial posted under the topic Release Candidate for version 1.3 but it has nothing to do with Roundcube 1.3.

I installed a new install of roundcube
When you say "new install" please confirm you are running the latest git-master version of Roundcube. Currently, the Elastic skin is being developed and that is the only version of Roundcube that it will work with. It is not ready for production yet.

After you have downloaded the skin files you either need to enable devel_mode in Roundcube or compile the CSS files yourself. See https://github.com/roundcube/elastic/blob/master/README.md for more information.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 02:13:58 AM »
About how soon until the first stable version of Elastic?  Is that going to be the default skin for Roundcube?

I think the plan is to release it as part of Roundcube 1.4 but I'm not and rc dev so I cannot tell you for sure

I like the easy 1 2 3 Roundcube cPanel Updates.

you cannot compare using release versions of a piece of software to bleed edge dev versions

That Git Hub page doesn't seem to mention devel_mode.  I searched to find where to change  (devel_mode) to true.  :--)

when running bleeding edge dev a certain amount of prior knowledge and experience is assumed

Fatal error: Class 'PEAR' not found in /public_html/RE-TEST/program/lib/Roundcube/bootstrap.php on line 101  :--)

did you follow the steps here https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/blob/master/INSTALL#L41, particularly the bits about the dependencies?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 12:36:01 PM »
1.3.4 says 100%.

https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/milestones

Is 1.4  next after that?!

Well not exactly. 1.3.4 is the next milestone in the 1.3 series. It is nothing to do with when 1.4 comes out. I do not know when a stable version of 1.4 will be out but since there has not been a beta yet or anything I imagine a stable version is still some ways off.

Is there a Elastic Demo to Test?

There is no such thing as the Elastic skin yet. Its something that is being developed and there are insturctions in the readme file for people who want to try it.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 10:45:45 AM »